• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socalfest 2012

Where should we hold Socalfest this year?

• Duh, we always have it in Big Bear!

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • See my suggestion in this thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corral Canyon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnson Valley area

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Truckhaven

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I should be hauling my rig up on a trailer this year, but I haven't found the right Dodge truck as of yet. :D
You could do what quentin did a couple years ago and use a penske truck

<snip>
Might I also suggest an organized run to Calico as well as Stoddard Valley (Pumpkin Eater).

Anyone else have interest in either a day run or overnight run at Calico before it gets too damn hot? I'm open for pretty much any weekend with enough notice.

Anyone else have interest in either a day run or overnight run at Calico before it gets too damn hot? I'm open for pretty much any weekend with enough notice.

We need to sneak a JV trip in this spring as well.

So is this May 18th - 20th? Pick a date and stick to it so I can get it on the calendar and not miss it.

Plus, there are some other events that people are trying to plan and don't want to have it on coincide with SoCalFest. Wouldn't want your turn-out numbers to drop :D

So is this May 18th - 20th? Pick a date and stick to it so I can get it on the calendar and not miss it.

Plus, there are some other events that people are trying to plan and don't want to have it on coincide with SoCalFest. Wouldn't want your turn-out numbers to drop :D

Mike we are trying to work out a snafu that was unforeseen with the planning/date choice.

OK, to clear up any misconceptions:
I posted up to see where we wanted to have this not realizing this event is tied directly to the adopt a trail program. It was no matter though as the consensus was it has to stay in Big Bear, my bad on that one, I should have known that.
So after that it was posted up that there is a problem with Serrano campground not being able to take reservations due to some sort of contract dispute.
So that leaves us with:
It will be in Big Bear as always
We need to find a suitable (restrooms, showers etc.) campground to use.

If anybody knows of a good campground in the area please post up about it. We still need to figure this out. The dates are still May 18-20 at this point.

[FONT=&quot]Well, we always have it at Serrano, but I think we all but wore out our welcome last year. :D I’m fine with anywhere up there; I’ve done Crab Flats, Hanna Flat, Serrano, etcetera. They are all okay with me.
[/FONT]

OK, to clear up any misconceptions:
I posted up to see where we wanted to have this not realizing this event is tied directly to the adopt a trail program. It was no matter though as the consensus was it has to stay in Big Bear, my bad on that one, I should have known that.
So after that it was posted up that there is a problem with Serrano campground not being able to take reservations due to some sort of contract dispute.
So that leaves us with:
It will be in Big Bear as always
We need to find a suitable (restrooms, showers etc.) campground to use.

If anybody knows of a good campground in the area please post up about it. We still need to figure this out. The dates are still May 18-20 at this point.

The only campgrounds that are available are first come-first serve, Big Pine Flat, Holcomb Valley, Horse Springs , etc. Those campgrounds have pit toilets and may or may not have running water. Plus they are remote, at least a half hour off pavement.

SoCal Fest is not contingent on the Adopt A Trail program or vice versa.

The only campgrounds that are available are first come-first serve, Big Pine Flat, Holcomb Valley, Horse Springs , etc. Those campgrounds have pit toilets and may or may not have running water. Plus they are remote, at least a half hour off pavement.

SoCal Fest is not contingent on the Adopt A Trail program or vice versa.
Though it may not be contingent, I think it is best if we do our best to have it close to our adopt a trail so that we can get the best participation in the annual cleanup. It will depend, though, on finding a suitable campground.

Back