• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Karma Thread

Re: SoCal Karma 2014 Thread

Faultyline, I will take the Dana 30 shafts, my buddy just broke a shaft on his TJ. I can pull the unit bearings off and give them to Cal.

I'll send you PM

Hey, if you're giving the unit bearings to Cal, send along that stock air box if you still have it, please. Thanks.

Free Samsung 1080i 60" DLP TV. Model#HLP6163WX/XAA . TV works fine but its getting a bit dark (will need a new bulb soon)

Genie garage door opener. Not sure of model. It's only a couple years old and works perfectly fine. My parents' condo complex just installed new openers and roll up doors, so they don't need this one anymore.

-edit- To be clear, this is a complete electric garage door opener, which installs in your garage. This isn't just the remote control. Although two remote controls are included.

Last edited:

Genie garage door opener. Not sure of model. It's only a couple years old and works perfectly fine. My parents' condo complex just installed new openers and roll up doors, so they don't need this one anymore.

-edit- To be clear, this is a complete electric garage door opener, which installs in your garage. This isn't just the remote control. Although two remote controls are included.

I'll take this Johnny. PM coming your way

Faultyline, I will take the Dana 30 shafts, my buddy just broke a shaft on his TJ. I can pull the unit bearings off and give them to Cal.

I'll send you PM

Sounds good. I thought Cal was joking about the unit bearings.

Sounds good. I thought Cal was joking about the unit bearings.

Nope. I have Pottenger's XJ outside, trying to redo it with fresh WJ knuckles and throw away this crappy down east offroad kit, before I move.

I'll take my DEO kit back if he is trashing it.

I'm pretty certain it would be reckless endangerment to let anyone install that on a car. It goes to the chop saw and then recycling.

What is so bad about it? It has been on that Jeep since 2002.

It doesn't stop.....

I can agree with that. It needed more front grab. It can easily overpower the brakes in low range going down a steep hill. I always though it needed a bigger master/booster combo.

Working on logistics to get everything picked up and delivered.

I will bring the unit bearings down to Cals, along with the t case shifter for mark, and air box for Johnny.

I should be able to get everything down to Cal before Saturday.

JohnX, would it make sense to leave the ebrake handle with Cal? I'm not sure if you make it to his area or not.

Leave the ebrake with Cal on the condition that Cal makes it to the Holiday Party, which JohnX will be at... =)

D30 housing, High Pinion, Disconnect. Has knuckles and 3.08 gears in open carrier. Diff fluid was very clean.

D35. Shock mounts cut off. Missing a drum (probably in the garage somewhere).

Leave the ebrake with Cal on the condition that Cal makes it to the Holiday Party, which JohnX will be at... =)

I'll be at the Xmas party, so I can take the ebrake handle for johnx.

What is so bad about it? It has been on that Jeep since 2002.

Where do I start?

They take one US WJ knuckle and 1 EU WJ knuckle. Run inverted-T on the draglink arms causing reverse ackerman. Steering does not return to center, drags one wheel around corners and tears up tires.

Instead of welding a .250" spacer on like a responsible human, they drilled the holes out and put thin wall rolled sheetmetal dowels in, to support the spacers and unit bearings/spindles on. They aren't anywhere near strong enough to support the weight of a vehicle.

As if that wasn't already enough of a stillbirth abortion... they cut the ****ing WJ brakes off and welded tiny ass S10 calipers on to fit 15" wheels. The car DOES NOT STOP. Both feet on the pedal to slow down gently.

So its a WJ conversion without a steering upgrade or a brake upgrade, and with downgraded spindle mounts.

To make it worse, the asshat who installed it didn't get the trackbar geometry right, so it has bumpsteer on top of all that.

STRAIT TO THE CHOP SAW.

gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif

I'm the asshat who installed it. The geometry was fine until the trackbar mount broke off the axle and it welded back on at Rawbrown's place.

If you need two feet to stop may I suggest you go to the gym. I drove that Jeep every day, wheeled the piss out of it, and towed a trailer from GA to CA with it. Yes the brakes were a tad weak for 35s.

Nothing like you are explaining. Have you checked the mater/booster for issues?

I replaced the master and booster. I replaced the trackbar (it had cracked welds at the lower bushing). Replaced balljoints. Replaced the steering.

Then decided its time to throw it all out and start over. Almost there.

And I appologize for the asshat comment. I get a visceral reaction when I think about the fact that someone not only designed and sold this kit, but that people drive it on the same road children are on. Honestly it brings out the absolute worst in me.

Back