• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Job Board

Not if your a SOR...

Actually nothing this way, but good luck...

SOR... Ahhhhh I'm funny... Son of a RICK !!! GET IT !!!:roflmao:

Good luck... really.

Curt

If your looking to get your foot in the door for a decent career in various types of water there MIGHT be an opening or two in the next few weeks out here in the Coachella Valley... I don't want to say it'll be posted for sure, but it's worth watch'n. They've VERY good to me... 23+ years now...
Keep checking the site for openings... not much right now, but I saw a job posted and while it might get filled within this one usually doesn't.
So keep an eye out if your look'n out this way... polish up a resume...
http://cvwd.org/ there's a link to current openings...

Curt

Seams like people are getting laid off left and right. Thought I'd pass this one along. The company I work for needs a facilities/handy person. If ya stay on for 6 mo (or something like that) they're a finders fee we can bask in. It's located in Escondido, CA (about a mile from Stone Brewery)

Overview:
Under general supervision, performs activities related to maintaining the facility, grounds, machinery and equipment ensuring they are in working order and good repair and conducts various Facilities projects to enhance the campus grounds. The hours of this position are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. during the week. This position also works two Saturdays per month in lieu of one weekday.

Responsibilities:
• Check, stock and purchase a variety of cleaning and building supplies as needed tracking costs.
• Inspect, examine and check a variety of appliances and office machines for defects in operation, making repairs and replacing defective parts or necessary adjustments to insure efficient operation.
• Coordinator various repairs and maintenance services with vendors.
• Work weekends as needed
• May conduct minor air conditioning duct work if required before contacting vendors.
• Works on various projects to refinish and update company furniture if still usable.
• Monitor facility and the outside surrounding area for condition updates, responding to needs as they arise.
• Communicates and reports major or potential problems or repair needs to supervisor as they happen.
• Responds to daily requests by employees for various facilities needs and may delegate task to Facilities Assistant.
• May provide coverage for Facilities Manager or Senior Facilities Coordinator as needed to ensure proper department coverage.
• Perform emergency tasks and repairs associated with keeping the facility in operation and working order as needed.
• Perform basic construction duties and demolition of sites including but not limited to painting, carpentry, repair and drywall.
• Install equipment and machinery as required.
• Participates in major offices moves and delivery materials or boxes to employees as required.
• Conducts basic building opening and/or closing duties daily.
• Operates mechanical cleaning equipment for floors and rugs as requested.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.

Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED and/or two to four years related experience preferably in the construction or maintenance field or equivalent combination.
• Experience supporting multiple building facilities a plus.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Sufficient knowledge of installing, repairing or replacing ordinary equipment or parts.
• Knowledge of power tools and their safety.
• Ability to provide responsive outstanding customer service.
• Knowledge of and ability to use computer equipment and software.
• Knowledge of basic construction principles, maintaining buildings and environment.
• Skills in manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
• Skills in building construction and demolition, including but not limited to painting, carpentry, repair and drywall.
• Ability to operate cleaning machinery.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
• Valid California Driver’s License

Job fairs for Northrop Grumman:
Tuesday, September 9, 2008 Location: Northrop Grumman Address: 201 North Douglas, El Segundo, CA (ES-1 Building) Event Time: 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.

Friday, September 19, 2008 Location: Palmdale Holiday Inn Address: 38630 Fifth Street West, Palmdale, CA Event Time: 9:00 a.m. to Noon Candidates Must Apply in Advance. Please Visit www.meetngc.com.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 Location: Northrop Grumman Address: 201 North Douglas, El Segundo, CA Event Time: 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 Location: Cerritos Sheraton Towne Center Address: 12725 Center Court Drive, Cerritos, CA Event Time: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
The dynamic portfolio of business at Northrop Grumman Integrated Systems has created new opportunities for experienced professionals to support business management and global supply chain management.
Candidates qualified for the positions noted below can meet with hiring managers and recruiters for on-the-spot interviews. Learn more about these positions at www.meetngc.com.
�� BUYER, El Segundo
�� CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATORS, El Segundo, Palmdale, San Diego
�� FINANCIAL ANALYSTS, El Segundo and San Diego
�� MASTER PLANNER AND SCHEDULING LEAD, Palmdale
�� MASTER PROGRAM SCHEDULER AND PLANNER, Palmdale
�� PRIMAVERA SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR, Palmdale
�� PROPOSALS ANALYST, San Diego
�� SUBCONTRACTS ADMINISTRATORS, El Segundo and San Diego
Only U.S. Citizens/U.S. Persons (permanent resident) may be admitted to El Segundo Events.
Find links to start the application process at www.meetngc.com

Good luck folks! PLMK via PM or email if you are applying. There is a finders bonus for the referer of those hired on most of the jobs and I'll split it w/ ya if you get hired.
John

Ok, I'm pretty much DESPERATE for work. If anyone knows ANYTHING within a 45 minute drive from Palm Springs, please let me know. I am looking for any kind of construction labor, delivery, or whatever work. I AM DESPERATE!!

Thanks,

Mike

Anybody know of an auto body shop around the San Diego area that would be interested in hiring someone to gain some experience? I was a shop rat for a little while doing prep work on restorations at a restoration shop called Racer's, I'd like to gain more experience in that. I've also helped out on friends' restorations and have done some side jobs, and do it as a hobby. I just need more experience and would like to work up to something. Thanks.

If your looking to get your foot in the door for a decent career in various types of water there MIGHT be an opening or two in the next few weeks out here in the Coachella Valley... I don't want to say it'll be posted for sure, but it's worth watch'n. They've VERY good to me... 23+ years now...
Keep checking the site for openings... not much right now, but I saw a job posted and while it might get filled within this one usually doesn't.
So keep an eye out if your look'n out this way... polish up a resume...
http://cvwd.org/ there's a link to current openings...

Curt

A new position just opened...
http://www.cvwd.org/employment/jobs.php#apply
Curt

I just checked the link and all I got was this.

Coachella Valley Water District has no open positions at this time
and we are not currently accepting employment applications.

Our job postings are updated each Monday morning by approximately 10:00 A.M.
Thank you for your interest in employment at CVWD!

I just checked the link and all I got was this.

Coachella Valley Water District has no open positions at this time
and we are not currently accepting employment applications.

Our job postings are updated each Monday morning by approximately 10:00 A.M.
Thank you for your interest in employment at CVWD!

Looks like they filled the Engineer poisition & the other one that was posted.

I'd check in once a week maybe mid. week...

We've had a freeze except for positions that were NEEDED... so only about 3 in the last several weeks...

Curt

my mom is looking for work anywhere close to the high desert she has been an office manager for several years and the construction company folded

What is the pay? I love Catalina. Would this be camp Fox?

Camp Emerald Bay (Boy Scout Camp on west end)

Pay for age 18+ staff starts at $205/week + room and board. That was the 08 rate, it may go up for 09.

Area Directors get more.

Camp Emerald Bay (Boy Scout Camp on west end)

Pay for age 18+ staff starts at $205/week + room and board. That was the 08 rate, it may go up for 09.

Area Directors get more.

Being it's a Boy Scout Camp, do you accept female applicants?

When does the season begin and end?

Attn: Jimbo or anybody else interested. House of Blues Anaheim is currently looking for at least 2 security guys. I don't know about the pay, or any of that- but I just know they're hiring.

Back