• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SOA MJ using an XJ Axle?

You don't have to SOA the axle to install the 8.8. You could SUA the 8.8 and the 4.0 would really like the 4.10s with 31s. I would be alot of fun to drive that way. Plus rear disc brakes are another great upgrade.

can you for real confirm that the stock explorer spring width is the same as the comanche? that'd be cool if it is!

stock explorer perches must cut off they are in a different location also. All I was saying is that you can install an 8.8 SUA all you have to the perches to make it fit. I currently have an 8.8 in a 91 2.5 2wd MJ in collection of jeeps. An axle swap in an MJ does not mean you have to SOA swap it. I have the ability to weld in my shop so I guess I may look at things different than others. If I want to swap in axle I just cut off the old perches and relocate or replace them where I need and I don't have to find someone to weld it up for me.

stock explorer perches must cut off they are in a different location also. All I was saying is that you can install an 8.8 SUA all you have to the perches to make it fit. I currently have an 8.8 that is SUA in a 91 2.5 2wd MJ in collection of jeeps. An axle swap in an MJ does not mean you have to SOA swap it. I have the ability to weld in my shop so I guess I may look at things different than others. If I want to swap in axle I just cut off the old perches and relocate or replace them where I need and I don't have to find someone to weld it up for me.

Whoops double clicked that

I have a Hobart 140 MIG. It's a nice piece and I've been able to weld 1/2 inch steel (1/4" from one side, then from the other side)

I'm not saying it's a huge pain I just simply don't want to dick with it at all if it's not a bolt in. (for now...)

But I'm gonna paint mine white! And Cracker already painted his white! Triplets!

I know what you mean about the doors. I've been having problems with my power windows. So now I want to convert them back to manual. Just gotta find some 97+ manual regulators.
What can I say, it's a good color! I'll probably have you help me with the doors when the times comes ;) I was going to bug you about wiring until Andy told me what you said haha.

I don't remember exactly what I said to Andy, but it must not have been very positive. I'm just sorry that I'm considering undoing Pete's wiring job.

Back