• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest '07

fordyce has been closed due to fire danger therfore Sierra Trek has been cancelled, not Sierra Fest 07.

luvdaxj said:
fordyce has been closed due to fire danger therfore Sierra Trek has been cancelled, not Sierra Fest 07.

I knew about Fordyce, I guess I need to read closer :rolleyes: (Trek vs. Fest).....

Glad to hear things are still a go :clap:

I have teh days off and am planning on getting out there Thursday Morning. I have read the details, have there been any updates? Are we to just drive to Dinkey Creek Camp Ground and head out with a group from there?

SharkXJ said:
I knew about Fordyce, I guess I need to read closer :rolleyes: (Trek vs. Fest).....

Glad to hear things are still a go :clap:

Sorry for any confusion. I just posted it because I was concerned that Sierra Fest might be affected.

Im planning on heading up Thursday night.

Iam intrested in tagging along, I dont want to hi-jack anyones trip or plans. But me and my buddy have a TJ with 4 inch lift on 33's. We are intrested in coming up on thursday or friday and staying for the weekend.

Starboard M said:
Because of the fire danger, are there going to be any restrictions on fires and camp stoves?

Are permits going to be needed?

Yes. But if one person in a group has a permit all are good.

Ben H said:
Yes. But if one person in a group has a permit all are good.
That being said, it is important that every jeep has a decent charged fire extinguisher (two if you have room) and some sort of digging tool. It is really dry up there, and if that forrest goes up because of us....Well I dont have millions of $$$ to pay for putting it out. !!!1

You should see the shore at Shaver lake. It looks like a full blown beach with all the way around the lake because of this drought.

Fire permits are FREE! No reason not to have one. They are required if you want to use a charcoal or gas stove as well as if you wish to have a fire in a National Forest.

Jes said:
Fire permits are FREE! No reason not to have one. They are required if you want to use a charcoal or gas stove as well as if you wish to have a fire in a National Forest.
Do you get them when your up there, or is there a way to get it in the bay area before hand?

I like free.

Scratch that.

Last edited:
Starboard M said:
Do you get them when your up there, or is there a way to get it in the bay area before hand?

I like free.

I don't know where to get one besides a ranger station in a National Forest. There is a ranger station in Dinkey Creek, I'd just get one there if I didn't already have one.

Edit: Here is the current conditions page for the Sierra National Forest... http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sierra/conditions/

Last edited:
There is a forest service station in Prather as you head up to Shaver, you can stop there to get your permit. It is on your right as you head past Prather.

edit: dont sweat it if you can't get one, as long as one person in the group has one you will be good, but it is a good permit to have regardless.

Last edited:
Back