• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should we have a "gimme thread"?

Should we have a "Give me/Need a Part" thread?

• Yes - Keep it in the main forum

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Yes - Put it in the "For Sale" section

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No - Not have it all

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
There is some discussion about the "give me" thread, or the "I need a part" thread.

Some folks say it's ridiculous, other's like it alot, and some say it's "bad karma".

So, here is another poll to see what YOU, the members want.

The poll results will determine the fate of the thread.

Please vote and let us know what you want.

Poll closes in 10 days!

my thoughts... good idea, impossible to execute. it will invarably deteriorate into a joke. i would like to see the current state of people posting the wanted threads in the for sale section to continue.

JMO
-G

Nope, Im with Mike. It will become a joke...
If you need something just post in the For Sale Section.

I agreee, but unfortunately, folks just don't get it around here.

I am asking that folks do not post comments on this thread, but only vote.

Thank you!

swbooking said:
Nope, Im with Mike. It will become a joke...
If you need something just post in the For Sale Section.
By that logic, the karma thread oughtta be in For Sale also...:)

BlackSport96 said:
By that logic, the karma thread oughtta be in For Sale also...:)

Exactly! Maybe we should change the name of the For Sale section to parts - sale/wanted....?

rpraterxj said:
Exactly! Maybe we should change the name of the For Sale section to parts - sale/wanted....?
Actually that's what it was originally supposed to be called but somehow it ended up being called for sale when it was created.

who cares? is this the most pressing issue the BOD can be dealing with? i dont care if you call it the "who where has or wants what" forum. everyone please remove panties from crack here. all for sale and wanted posts should be in the for sale section, or reported and moved there. the karma thread... well if you want it there move it! we dont need a poll about it you are the bosses just DO IT.

sorry im about 5 hours into my nightly boozin dont mind me ;)
damn im starting to sound like Rick! :dunno: better lay off the sauce!
:cheers:

The karma thread is for people who have parts available that are up for "free" not for sale. It was started by a member who had things that were still useful but wanted no money for. He only wanted to "pay it forward" for lack of a better phrase.

Karma thread has been a HUGE part of the Socal chapter for well over a year now, maybe even 2, with no issue until someone decided to execute the "opposite of Karma" thread, the "Gimme" thread.

This "gimme" thread looks to me like it was started by someone looking for free parts. Look in the Karma thread for free parts. they are there, you just have look past the first page.

I think, if everyone feels we really need this "gimme" thread, put the "gimme" in the wanted section, keep the Karma in Socal chapter forum.

My 2cents.

Aaron

Aaron....where you been man?? That baby take all your time? :D

BTW...your two cents and my two cent look alot like four cents.

yeah i've been trying to keep quiet but this is even lamer than pro-comp add-a-leafs.

;)

cal said:
yeah i've been trying to keep quiet but this is even lamer than pro-comp add-a-leafs.

;)

...or Deavers on a....:gee: :dunce: :wave: :smootch:

JohnX said:
Aaron....where you been man?? That baby take all your time? :D

BTW...your two cents and my two cent look alot like four cents.

Ive been lurkin. :) not to much to say until something incredibly stupid comes up. then I have put my incredibly stupid response in.

Yea the Little girl sure is a lot of fun. 15 months old goin on 3 years. she's gonna be out on the trail with me in no time. Loves the outdoors, and loves gettin dirty.(mom hates it though). lol

Aaron

Back