• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal where have you been / what have you been doing? A photo thread.

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
This is mainly a photo thread for what the folks here in the chapter have been doing. Whether it's wheeling, fabbing, or meeting up. Please include a brief description of what you were doing.

Please note that by posting in this thread you are allowing NAXJA to feature the photos on NAXJA and social media sites.

Last edited:
I'll start the thread out. Last weekend myself and several other members were doing Adopt-A-Trail work on 2N49 to keep the trail open to the public.

June_2N49_-_26-la.jpg

June_2N49_-_35-la.jpg

June_2N49_-_41-la.jpg

Sigh, no, it's not wheeling, but it's what I've been doing:

David Bricker / SYR

b4769cbe8148f10bda7b3dbe62913e22.jpg

I am a OHV volunteer with the Southern California Mountains Foundation. A couple of weekends ago we went out to 1N16 in the San Bernardino National Forest and cleaned up a few illegal shooting areas

13cf30c50965_sf_4.jpg

Yesterday I took part in the San Gabriel Canyon (Azusa) Operation Super Canyon Sweep 2015. I was with a group of dual sport riders and we were assigned the Heaton Flats area. I was team leader split our group into three sub groups working different zones. I was in the zone working the area near the campsite and hiked the San Gabriel River East Fork picking up garbage from the banks.

Azusa_Cleanup_-_09-la.jpg

After the cleanup was complete we (legally) rode the closed Rincon OHV Shortcut route. I'm going to do what I can to try to get this open!
Azusa_Cleanup_-_20-la.jpg

Azusa_Cleanup_-_28-la.jpg

It was a good time for a good cause. Volunteers FTW.

Just got home a few minutes ago from a camping -- but not wheeling -- trip to Kings Canyon. Stayed five days at Sentinal campground. I'd never been to Kings Canyon before and was just blown away by how freakin' beautiful it is! Saw my first ever wild bears -- a mama and cub -- while on a hike. No pictures to post at the moment, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Rode a bunch of trails out of Pine Valley yesterday on my new to me bike. Group ride with the local dual sport club (San Diego Adventure Riders).

2zsnord.jpg

You never know when you'll have to pull Grandma's Taurus off the big curb at the grocery store - so I finally replaced my aging Superwinch with this:
IMG_20150605_052007.jpg

I am changing the diff fluid so I had to repaint the diff cover so I had to choose which shade of purple to use. I chose Rustolium "grape", I wanted something I could easily find for touch-ups.
adc3dc472fbedc2aebe2eb500c18ad44.jpg

New grade 8 diff cover bolts being painted. A bit excessive, maybe, but I think Andy would approve.

Not going to try posting all the pics....cause like the motel 6 commercial says "I've been everywhere man".

Just got back from a 5625 mile, 24 state, three week, motorcycle adventure. For pics you can find the whole trip on my google+ account. [email protected]

Well I had it all......then lost a lot of it in a divorce and economic downturn. Managed to keep my Jeep, The house and my tools!!!! But put a very definite ding in my adventures. Been a lot of places, Rubicon, Moab several times, all over Big Bear and Johnson Valley. Started with my XJ back in 2001. Still have that and my son has the second one now and my 3rd sits there waiting on a 5cyl diesel motor.

:bunny:

I've been moving back to SoCal.

Last night finally shared a celebratory beer with my cat. ;)

10983251_10153584451459374_5975679212204894425_n.jpg

Now I need to get the jeep fixed and go wheeling.

Back