• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I or should I not

You think you'll break a D44 on 33's with light to moderate wheeling? Im saying no to that one.

8 u bolt nuts, 3/4" socket. 2 shock bolts, 18mm socket. E brake cables, 2 1/2 or 13 mm wrenches. Brake line, cut with dikes, replace with longer one. Not very hard, but you'll be moving your arms quite a bit.

Well it is and will continue to be my DD and It will be wheeled lightly and moderately on OHV parks and my property. small to medium hill climbs. I also have a sort of heavy foot running around the city.

Hey BigDog,

I may have missed it somewhere, but what kind of transmission do you have? If you have the AX-15 you could go to the very common 3.55 gear ratio found on the AW-4 equipped XJ's. It would require a matching D30, of course, but you could kill two birds with one stone. Stronger axle and a more favorable axle ratio for that tire size at the same time. If you already have the AW-4, nevermind, and good luck in your swap!:eeks1:

Hey BigDog,

I may have missed it somewhere, but what kind of transmission do you have? If you have the AX-15 you could go to the very common 3.55 gear ratio found on the AW-4 equipped XJ's. It would require a matching D30, of course, but you could kill two birds with one stone. Stronger axle and a more favorable axle ratio for that tire size at the same time. If you already have the AW-4, nevermind, and good luck in your swap!:eeks1:
I'm not sure what tranny it is I do know it bones stock 89 pioner with a d35 in the rear, it has 2wh part time 4wh and part time 4wl does that help any lol

How many pedals does it have? That will answer the tranny question.

-----Matt-----

What he said:roflmao:

So, you have an NP231 transfer case. Do you have a stick or automatic?

Last edited:
Rockwells are a bit heavy eh? i hear they have a habbit of breaking XJ frame bolts, especially with a 3" or more Body lift...

I also hear Rockwells are only 30% stronger then a F8.8?:chef:

You are 100% right, as always. A 3" body lift on a Cherokee is...
I'm sorry; I just can't go on... :roflmao:I think you are such a dumbass and I'm thankful we have enough people on here to contradict all of your "facts" and "research" to ensure people are getting enough proper information to make an intelligent choice in whatever they are doing to their Jeep.

Spend more time reading, getting an education, and shutting up and less on posting shit you obviously know nothing about.

You are 100% right, as always. A 3" body lift on a Cherokee is...
I'm sorry; I just can't go on... :roflmao:I think you are such a dumbass and I'm thankful we have enough people on here to contradict all of your "facts" and "research" to ensure people are getting enough proper information to make an intelligent choice in whatever they are doing to their Jeep.

Spend more time reading, getting an education, and shutting up and less on posting shit you obviously know nothing about.
:anon: Your as stale as your moms vag, i'll get my education when you get a sense of humor.

I think i proved everything i posted. but you know everything with nothing to back it up?

instead of calling me out, why not pull your head out of your ass and prove me wrong?

instead of calling me out, why not pull your head out of your ass and prove me wrong?

Try doing a body lift on a Cherokee much?

I don't need to waste my time doing such easy tasks; you clearly do a better job of proving yourself wrong than anyone on here ever could. And honestly, would it really matter, you refuse to ever believe you are wrong.
And stop the name calling, bitch. :D

Try doing a body lift on a Cherokee much?

I don't need to waste my time doing such easy tasks; you clearly do a better job of proving yourself wrong than anyone on here ever could. And honestly, would it really matter, you refuse to ever believe you are wrong.
And stop the name calling, bitch. :D
dude, the body lift thing was a joke? har har?

oh, so was the rockwells being 30% stronger then an 8.8

Honestly, if you lived anywhere near me, i would probably buy ya a drink to calm ya down:woohoo:

How many pedals does it have? That will answer the tranny question.

-----Matt-----
lol oh ok yeah I'm a dum ars sometimes, it's a automatic (I don't think I spelled that right but hey I never said I could spell lol)

Lets all get along on here please I don't want my thread getting closed I'm here to try to get some info and some help so I do the right thing I don't like having to do things twice.

I'm here to try to get some info and some help so I do the right thing I don't like having to do things twice.

...and that is all we are trying to do, brutha. We just want you to have real facts and info from people who are experienced and bleed Jeep blood.

Back