• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seth "XJ Fire" Stanton funeral.

Thanks Seth, Fair Winds and Following Seas, from an old Sailor...

Thanks for the pics, you guys are awesome...

I'm going to try to make some time this weekend to hit a trail...

Wow, thanks for the pictures!

I dont think I was ever more proud to be a member of an organization than I am right now.

It was a beautiful ceremony. The color guard did a great job. It was awesome to see so many vehicles in the funeral precession. Planefixer was right, at the cemetery when they started the 21 gun solute and taps, I don’t think there was a dry eye. I was in the Navy, so anytime I go to a military funeral it always chokes me up inside. I was really happy to see Seth’s XJ there and I hope to see it again on the trails. I think I can speak for all of us at NAXJA, anytime the Stanton family wants to go wheeling or needs help with repairs, we will be there. R.I.P Seth, you will be missed.

I don't really know how to describe this well because it was a surreal experience for me. During the grave side ceremony the bugler and the firing line were placed high on the hill on the edge of a valley behind us. The grave site is below the edge of a valley and as he played Taps the resonance in the valley was tremendous. Across the valley there was a small heard of deer that stood and watched the ceremony from start to finish and didn't jump or move even when the 21 gun salute rang out through the valley almost as if they were paying their respects as well. The bugler was an eagle scout and I believe a part of the family and he played Taps with more emotion and feeling than I have ever heard it played before.

RIP PFC Seth Stanton, Thank You for ensuring our freedoms.

BIG salute to you CO Chapter folks, y'all did an outstanding service to Seth and his family. I wish i could have been there.

:patriot:

Ivan said:
With a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye... thank you for sharing Seth's tribute with us.....
X2 from Red Bluff, Cali

Thanks Seth for making my world a safer place for me and my girls.
Your Sacrifice will not be forgotten.

That is a great show guys. Way to be.

Hoo-ah he'll always be remembered
us.gif

oldglory4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all that were able to attend. I was really moved by the photos and written details.

Seth, R.I.P. brother! Your sacrifice will never be forgotten!:patriot:

My heart goes out to Seth's family and friends.

Hi everyone, this is Susan Stanton, Seth Stanton's Aunt. I can't tell you how much it meant to our family to have your 4x4 procession as part of our day. Seth loved his Jeep and intense four wheeling. Both is mother and father have found hope through working to keep his passion alive. The Coalition has been wonderful and we will have a trail improvement day this summer in Seths name. I hope you will all be a part of it. Valerie from the Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Association will be an important contact.

Thank you again for honoring Seth's life.

Hi everyone, this is Susan Stanton, Seth Stanton's Aunt. I can't tell you how much it meant to our family to have your 4x4 procession as part of our day. Seth loved his Jeep and intense four wheeling. Both is mother and father have found hope through working to keep his passion alive. The Coalition has been wonderful and we will have a trail improvement day this summer in Seths name. I hope you will all be a part of it. Valerie from the Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Association will be an important contact.

Having lost a child myself I only wish I could have been there too. All I can do is pray and hope you all can go on and move forward in due time. Good luck, Glenn Fulmer

That's awesome guys, that's what we are all about showing respect together. :)

I just want to say that although I never met Seth , I am truely moved and stunned at the fantastic turn out and support the 4x4 world showed this mans family, friends , and loved ones. I'm sure you all truely helped his family remember him and his passions . My prayers and thoughts are with the Stanton Family in this great time of need .. I posted a link at my local alaska board to show the world how great people can be ... Again as a veteran , a jeeper , and as a human being Thank you all

Once again, thank you to all that showed up for those of us that weren't able to attend. I never got the chance to meet Seth but he's definietly touched my heart. The pictures brought tears to my eyes as it reminds me of friends that I have lost through the service and reminds me of friends that I still have over seas and I pray for every day. It's the men and women that put their lives on the line every day for us to provide us with what we call The United States of America. We can never thank them enough for sure.

Pfc Seth Stanton may you R.I.P. and thank you for everything you have done for us!!

Thanks to polishx for posting the link. RIP PFC Stanton. From one end of the country to the other, we salute you and thank you and your family for the sacrifice.

Back