• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PFC Seth Stanton Memorial Run

Gona try and make it if I can the heep ready by then!

Chapter members:

As much as it kills me to not be able to attend this...... I hope at least I get to see LOTS of you go to this.

Gut-wrenching as it was to learn of Seth's death, I really found it so incredibly uplifting to do everything I could to help his family. Being able to coordinate our club's efforts and be a representative for the club in expressing all of our sorrow and support was something that I'll always remember and treasure. I'm so grateful that Frank and Jeff and I got to work together toward something so positive from this tragedy.

Please guys, I really encourage all of you that want to attend, to simply make the time, take the trip, and get down to Indy. You won't regret it for a second. You don't need a working, trail ready XJ to do this - just get in something that runs and get down there, or bum a ride. :thumbup:

I wanna see pics of a massive turn out!

I bunch of people are going to the rampart range area that weekend. We will be 4 wheeling hiking camping and what ever else you can find to do. We are meting in Pine Junction around 6pm on Fri the 21st of may. Let me know if you would like to join us.

I don't think my heep can make the complete run .but i am wondering if i can get to the memorial stone then turn around what do you guys think, 2 inch lift 31's armor and sliders no recovery hooks may have front hook by then, or does anyone have a spare seat?

Jim,

Yeah, there's no way your XJ will get to the memorial stone location - not even the long way through Liberty.

You'd definitely be best to catch a ride - the walk to the stone will be a fairly strenuous hike. I'm not sure if there's a foot path separate from the 4x4 trail to get there, but I believe the plan is for those on foot to hike the 4x4 trail ahead of the rigs running the trail. There'll be some fairly tall drop-offs that folks will have to "jump" down into along the way.

The entrance to Indy:

IMG_1336.jpg

Some of the "waterfalls" in the "Bunker Hill" area below the entrance:

IMG_1359.jpg

bunker_hill_part_3.jpg

bunker_hill_waterfall_part_2.jpg

So, if they're walking the 4x4 trail........ you can see it's gonna be some work involved..... :D

Mike, If I get off work on that day, I would love to catch a ride with you!!! I will let you know!

Definitely interested in a seat if there is one available...Jeep isn't quite ready for this trail. Great cause, can't wait to be there.

I'll have room for 2 or 3. LMK if anyone is a fo sho on needing a ride. I can mee ya in the springs or at the trail!
JD Murray
(719)313-0005

I'll be there... never ran or seen the trails but if I can't run em I'll walk em.
Think a full size truck with open diffs can make it through with 37s and a shit ton of hp and torque?

I'll be there... never ran or seen the trails but if I can't run em I'll walk em.
Think a full size truck with open diffs can make it through with 37s and a shit ton of hp and torque?

How do you feel about body damage and how much do you care about the trail?

I personally wouldn't touch it with a 10 Foot stick without lockers.:yap:

Lol no way in hell my truck's touchin that trail. I'll still drive it down though... guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for Mike's foot lol.

Nah, you keep that ugly thing off the trail it's all good. Besides, when you're asking almost 5k over high book for something. I don't imagine tryi g to drive it off road is a good idea

bahaha buuuuurrrrnnnn:flame:

Back