• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seller's Remorse?

Hey guys,

Well as many of you know, I sold my XJ in April to help fund the purchase of my VW R32. While I love the car, I really miss my Jeep. Has anyone else really regretted their decision to sell their Jeep, and if so, what did you do about it? I know I could buy another XJ, or simply accept that it was a great car for the 9 years I had it, and try to move on, but it was always more than "just a car" to me; it was my first car I got at age 17, and I wish there was some way that I could buy it back from the guy I sold it to.

Have any of you bought back your XJ?

:bawl:

yes it is possible to buy back lost loves ive reowned a few rigs ive had over the years the key is to wait until its been sold to a person or two after the person you sold it to most of the time thier broken but that just means you get them back cheaper than you sold them for and that is awesome

yes it is possible to buy back lost loves ive reowned a few rigs ive had over the years the key is to wait until its been sold to a person or two after the person you sold it to most of the time thier broken but that just means you get them back cheaper than you sold them for and that is awesome

. ! ? , Here, yours fell off your key board. You can use mine.
Yeah sorry, without punctuation to tell me when to pause and such, my eyes just slipped and fell right out the end of your thought...:D

i just dont care enough to use them and i try not to use big words for a reason

I just dont care enough to use them and I try not to use big words for a reason.

See how easy that was! :) I made three small corrections. It took twice as long to copy and paste than to correct your grammar. Im not even going to try the first paragraph.

Btw, we care.

You could see a shrink, or shoot yourself in the foot.., after all, loving an inanimate object is really weird, lol, but on the other foot if you are intimate with your inanimate XJ object, that's a plus, i.e., been there and done that, etc., meaning both understanding the mechanics/electronics, the upgrades, etc.., and the plus of having gone through it all in order to make the XJ practically new, dependable, etc. Does not hurt to ask the buyer.., or look around for another XJ that better suits your present understandings, and knowlege base in order to get a better XJ. It's been said when you lose your dog.., get another.., and soon your attention span is more directly concerned with the new dog. OK; enough of this.., your session is over.., pm me for where you can send your analysis charge. (@$200.00 per hour, I reckon you owe me 50 bucks).:geek:

I sold mine because I was driving my son 50 miles a day to and from school and the gas was killing me. The wife says I can buy another one when the little kids are older, so in about 5 years......

t147766404_89051_3.gif
t147766404_89051_3.gif
t147766404_89051_3.gif

thisisturnningouttobeaprettygoodthread.

'78 Nova Rally.
Should have kept it.

My only regret about my '96 XJ (my first vehicle) is that I drove it to Pennsylvania and it didn't make it. I would have been quite happy if I had made it to Pennsylvania, gotten about 10 feet of air and sent it to the scrapper, or if I had realized it was going to blow the trans on the way there and simply parted it out at home...

oh well. I didn't lose much and one of my friends went far beyond the call of duty and hauled both me and the junk I wanted off my jeep back home.

I sold mine because I was driving my son 50 miles a day to and from school and the gas was killing me. The wife says I can buy another one when the little kids are older, so in about 5 years......

go buy another one, when she complains tell her to go make a samich...

My only regret about my '96 XJ (my first vehicle) is that I drove it to Pennsylvania and it didn't make it. I would have been quite happy if I had made it to Pennsylvania, gotten about 10 feet of air and sent it to the scrapper, or if I had realized it was going to blow the trans on the way there and simply parted it out at home...

oh well. I didn't lose much and one of my friends went far beyond the call of duty and hauled both me and the junk I wanted off my jeep back home.

and you even won an award for doing so....

I have had seller remorse a couple of times. My 76 Dodge B200 maxi van I bought new with it's 440 and several hundred hours I spent customizing it only to sell it in 81 and have the new owner roll it two weeks later, both Frank Frazetta murals gone.
I am attached to my 98XJ and am caught between finding a new, garage kept one or getting the body work and evap/heater core done on this one as well as finding out whats going on with my clutch which I think is not disengaging far enough.

I regret selling my VW TDI thinking that now I work at home I wont be driving as much, I still do about 1 tank a week on the jeep, the VW would have lasted me a whole month on one fill up and was awesome to drive!

I love VW's and as soon as I can I will be adding another one to my driveway.

You got the R32 you can go offroading with that, just put some pucks under the coils and you will be good to go!

..,after all, loving an inanimate object is really weird, lol, but on the other foot if you are intimate with your inanimate XJ object,...
Do a web search for "real doll"

That's REALLY weird. Makes anything remotely connected to an XJ seem perfectly normal.

i just beat the shit out of everything i own until it has no real value then i scrap it.

way more fun than selling

i just beat the shit out of everything i own until it has no real value then i scrap it.

way more fun than selling
This is by far the best method out there.

If I'd managed to yank my coils, shackles, transfer case, starter, and radiator I would have had absolutely no regrets about leaving that jeep to be scavenged and crushed. Nothing else was worth anything...

Back