• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scotts ZJ.. AKA Reggie the redjeep

A little progress today before I go to work..

Really pays to have good friends! Thanks a ton to Spike! (Naxja member SpikeyPuck)
I had to leave for work, But I'll be continuing on this week!

this picture really does leave alot out LOL..

Looking good.

Great thread Scott jeep looks sweet. Now i know what your rollin in so I can flip ya the finger when I see ya. Spike whats up brother? long time.

Been super busy lately.. Got some more torch time in yesterday

Cutting all the cast down is proving to be a bigger project then I first thought.. Ahh well! Little by little..

It's time to move over to a grinding wheel.. And fitting the truss

Any updates on this Super Duty axle build? Curious how you're going to attach the driver side lower arm.

Nothing to update right now, Work picked up pretty heavy this last 2 months.. I'll be back in the garage next month..

For the LCA bracket on the driver side, The plan is to cut away about 2.5" of the cast on the back of the driver side tube.. witch should give me about 3.5" of bare tube (Picture taking a C shaped chunk of cast off) and then tying the LCA into the axle tube AND truss.

redjeep always makes me think of going to the darkside and ditching my xj for a zj...
Meh.. I wouldnt call it the dark side.. a ZJ is really similar to an XJ.. I'm fond of both platforms, I just prefer the v8 option from the factory (even tho the 5.2 is not much more motor than a 4.0HO)

Meh.. I wouldnt call it the dark side.. a ZJ is really similar to an XJ.. I'm fond of both platforms, I just prefer the v8 option from the factory (even tho the 5.2 is not much more motor than a 4.0HO)

Horse power wise there's not a huge difference but torque wise the 5.2 and 5.9's are far superior to the 4.0.

When you get this thing going I want to go wheeling with you sometime. I want to see this in action!

ya i just playin i like both i just have an itch for that v8 sound but i dont really need it i just want it. everytime i drive my commander with the hemi i reconsider trading the xj...

Well, the decision was made to outsource some of the project to a shop, unfortunately due to life changes this year I need the jeep done by NWFEST, so with a generous offer from Mnkyboy, some help from SpecFab and Redjeep2.0s helping hand, I was able to borrow a dana 30 for a roller axle

The jeep will be coming out of the garage next weekend.

Just ordered
Superduty Dana 60 Drive flanges
RCI 19 gallon fuel cell and Jeep OEM pump ring (to use the stock pump)
all the brackets I need from Artec Industries
And I shipped the passenger side knuckle off to Weaver fabrication to have the Hi-steer arm Machine work done..

progress!

Got some parts..

Trying to lock in a few more things before I take it into the offroad shop.

Looks like crap, you should give it to me and start over! :D

Back