• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

run uwharrie 9-20

who all is going?
me
woody
gr8tires
????

Hurricane Schmurricane

AFAIK we are still on for this Saturday (9-20) yes?

If it is a bad mess here in central NC, we may have to bail on it, but let's assume it's a 'GO'

9AM at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp, I'll bring some trashbags and my trusty lil' chainsaw.

i'm there no matter what. i think 3 other XJs from the meet & greet will be there around 1pm, but i'll be there at 9am sat.

Uwharrie work day & trail ride

Mark & I helped some other off-roaders & the forest service put up some split-rail fencing (closing off some ATV bypass trails) on Dicky Bell trail. After several hours of work, we rode a couple trails and called it a day.

There is a bunch of fencing left to put up, and I plan to be back out there in the AM to help. Anyone else is more than welcome to join us. 9 AM at the hunt camp, or just head on out to Dickey Bell, go past the double parking area on 553 and take a left on Green Gap Rd, cross the creek and take a left onto the trail...we'll be approx 3/4 mile into the woods. All ya need is some work gloves (plus snacks & drinks) and maybe some bug spray & sunscreen.

Hope to see some more folks out there :)

Finished up this afternoon

I was the 4th warm body to get up there today, rounding out the first crew. Shortly thereafter a couple more groups showed up and we had the rest of the fence up lickety split. My contribution for the weekend was whacking a lot of nails.

Hope to see some more folks out next time...

Last edited:
Back