• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RenoFest 2020 - Official Thread

I checked earlier and all the RV spots are taken. I noticed a couple other camp grounds/parks South of Davis Creek that I'll call tomorrow and see if they have any spots. May end up staying at the Carson City Walmart :cry::laugh:

edit: just re-read your post...or park the trailer in the group lot and get a regular spot, if that's what you mean.

Last edited:
So just an update about this shutdown. Today the governor is giving a speech about the stay at home stuff. Sounds like Nevada is getting extended to may 15th. I'd still say this event is a go at this point. If the campground doesn't open we will figure out a plan "B".

Camp-out at the Smasho's haha.

Shoot, Im game for whatever ends up happening; Plan A, B, or C. Unless there is a hardcore shutdown, I plan to make it out there for the weekend and wheel trails with the BBXJ crew at the very least.

I checked earlier and all the RV spots are taken. I noticed a couple other camp grounds/parks South of Davis Creek that I'll call tomorrow and see if they have any spots. May end up staying at the Carson City Walmart :cry::laugh:

edit: just re-read your post...or park the trailer in the group lot and get a regular spot, if that's what you mean.

Yes, in the area where we park the Jeeps as the bottom of the little hill below this camp, we've typically put all the trailers as close as possible/double parked them in a corner and then you could park your truck in a spot with the cabover camper and stay there if you'd like or pitch a tent too per your preference.

Ok, I ended up getting site #5. I should be arriving Friday am. Just put an Atlas 5:1 in the rig and this will be maiden trip.

Last edited:
Sorry for waiting until the last minute.
I'll take one 3xl and one 2xl
Full weekend of camping, but won't get there until late Friday.

Thanks,
Sam

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sorry for waiting until the last minute.
I'll take one 3xl and one 2xl
Full weekend of camping, but won't get there until late Friday.

Thanks,
Sam

No problem! I've got you noted down. As for the group dinner, I presume you'll be in for that as well? Assuming yes, just you or how many adults? Also, can you please PM me your email address and I can send a PayPal invoice. Thanks!

No problem! I've got you noted down. As for the group dinner, I presume you'll be in for that as well? Assuming yes, just you or how many adults? Also, can you please PM me your email address and I can send a PayPal invoice. Thanks!
[email protected]

At least 2 adults and one kid. Might have one more of each.

Sorry day late. Been working like mad. count me in . 1 tent. 1 l men shirt. 1 dinner. flying solo. Mirian cant make it. Trying to get doc mo though

Sorry day late. Been working like mad. count me in . 1 tent. 1 l men shirt. 1 dinner. flying solo. Mirian cant make it. Trying to get doc mo though

Oh heck yes, I'm going to blow that guy up.

Upsidedownxj what do you need to get done?

Waiting on my trail forged steering kit, pretty sure they are backordered to hell right now. Still have my stock steering as a lawn ornament but im already drilled out to 5/8s... sold the cavfab kit i had due to clearance woes.

A well as still open in front and rear right now.. Far from ready now that i put it down on paper lol.

Hello all, as of today here's the final list I have of everyone going. For those who I do not have an email on file, please check your PM inbox and notes below and send me your email address for an invoice for shirts and camping. I will invoice for camping once we have confirmation all is still a go at Davis Creek, otherwise we're investigating a plan B and C for alternate locations. Shirts will be ordered this Wednesday, I do not expect many extra ones if you haven't put in an order listed below!

Please let me know ASAP if there's any changes to your details below and let me know if you have any other questions.

Looking forward to seeing you all up there!

The final list:
cj_mike: 1 camp spot, 3 shirts, 2 dinners – Shirts paid
Nates2000XJ: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
Goose_XJ88: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners – Shirts paid
Alboy97XJ: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners – Shirts paid
GordoSmasho: 2 shirts, 4 dinners – Shirts paid
blondejoncherokee: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
JeepinSeal: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
89Mock: 1 shirt, TBD Dinner – Need email address to send invoice, please PM me
Skipper51: 1 camp spot, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
Jeepin1992: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
Phil: TBD? Please PM me details and your email address if you’ll be coming
sdspearo: 1 shirt, will have own RV spot, dinner TBD – Shirts paid
RichardXJ: 1 shirt, 1 camp spot, 2 adults for dinner (kids free) – Need email address to send invoice, please PM me
87matchief: 2 shirts, 1 camp spot, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
Chip_Clip: TBD? Please PM me details and your email address if you’ll be coming
OnTheRocks: 3 shirts, 3 dinners, 1 camp spot – Shirts invoiced
Beastmansam: 2 shirts, 2 dinners, 1 camp spot – Shirts paid
Noknowncure: 2 shirts, 2 dinners, 1 camp spot – Shirts paid
12bravo: 1 shirt, 1 dinner, 1 camp spot – Shirts Invoiced

Last edited:
Just received this from Washoe County Parks. Is there a plan B?

Based on Governor Sisolak's press conference on May 7, 2020, Nevada will move into Phase 1 of reopening Nevada. You have a reservation in a Washoe County Parks' facility between May 16 and May 31 that will not be part of opening in Phase 1. The facility will remain closed until Nevada moves into Phase 2, possibly Phase 3 of opening with modified restrictions to be announced with each opening. Your reservation will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded in full.

Just to put everyones mind at ease. We have already found an alternative site. Its a bit more exposed but on blm land and can not be shut down. Its very close to the davis creek campgrounds so it should not impact travel distances to greatly. Try to plan on packing out your waste. We are working on providing some emergency toilets to use however there are toilets nearby in the state park that are open. It is also close to a lake that can be used for swimming. If you have any questions please about this change please post up.

Back