• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof mounted light rack opinion

Please ignore the obviously fubar'd parts of the Jeep but that's what mine looked like with the lights on the roof when it was fairly nice. Well, it was fairly nice about 30 minutes before those pictures were taken. Once that happened I turned it into a trail rig and bought another car to DD. I quickly learned that in my area ANYTHING on the roof just doesn't do. So it all came off.

DSC05697.jpg

I've seen Liberty Renegade light bars mounted on the roof. Looks pretty good. I'm not so sure about function though. The glare roof lights can cause on the hood can be annoying.

Here's a comanche with the liberty bar:
images

True that! I have roof lights on my XJ and my van. They both produce glare from the lights off the hood. I set mine back on the XJ (slid rack back) and it cleared up., the van doesn't have much of a hood but the glare is still there. I can't move the van rack back any further because when I built it, I built it full length for accessories for a family of 4. It carries a tandem kayak 1 to 6 surf boards and holds 10 lites. 6 forward lites 3 side 1 rear, 1 hilift long jack 1 full length shovel and a canopy.

Back