• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktoberfest 2011 - October 21st-23rd, Rausch Creek PA

the dinner is friday?

:(

Yeah, thats kind of wierd, that was the only reason I was gonna camp saturday really. Reckon ill bring my own weenies then.

Yeah, thats kind of wierd, that was the only reason I was gonna camp saturday really. Reckon ill bring my own weenies then.

x2

Might have to make some chili!:passgas:

After we're all done wheeling and back at the campground. Usually around 5 or 6? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Okay I kinda figured that but wanted to double check.

Thanks

What time is the dinner gonna be roughly? I might have missed it but I also missed the change from saturday to friday.

After we're all done wheeling and back at the campground. Usually around 5 or 6? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

There was no change, it was never saturday. Y'all startin rumors and shit. :laugh:

Gonna be more like 7-7:30ish to give people a chance to get back, get changed, or get there a bit later if some of you are coming from work etc.

There was no change, it was never saturday. Y'all startin rumors and shit. :laugh:

Gonna be more like 7-7:30ish to give people a chance to get back, get changed, or get there a bit later if some of you are coming from work etc.

:spin1:

Sounds good thanks

Since it now looks like I will drive all the way down on my own, and since I've never been there, I want to be sure I am in the right place. Kastein gave me directions, and a good google map view, so I have an idea. I understand I'm supposed to say I'm with the NAXJA group. If I get down there around noon, will there be enough folks around that I can figure out what I'm doing, and get camp set up in the right place?

Any word on dinner for Friday? I'm interested if there is a group dinner happening.

David Bricker / SYR

Its gonna be a mad dash to get my jeep ready in time, but ill be there guarenteed. Ill be driving up with a buddy in his rubicon (sorry he has a frame)

im thinking about heading up thursday night now to get setup at the campground so that i dont have to lug all my camping stuff around with me on friday. any issue with arriving around like 9pm at the campground?

Its gonna be a mad dash to get my jeep ready in time, but ill be there guarenteed. Ill be driving up with a buddy in his rubicon (sorry he has a frame)

hit me up and ill meet up with you somewhere along the way. maybe the truck stop right before the bridge if thats how you head out there? or possibly somewhere to get some early breakfast.

im thinking about heading up thursday night now to get setup at the campground so that i dont have to lug all my camping stuff around with me on friday. any issue with arriving around like 9pm at the campground?

None at all - we probably won't be there until after that on Thursday anyway.

I've had a few questions, so just to clarify things:

When we're not wheeling at Rausch Creek, we will be camping and hanging out at the Twin Grove KOA campground:

http://www.twingrove.com

The group tenting site is 'officially' reserved from Thursday evening until Sunday, but I know at least Rich (Rock2Pus) is planning on being there earlier, which shouldn't be a problem. Whenever anyone gets there, just check in at the office and tell them you're with NAXJA; you'll get the special group rate and they'll direct you to the tent site. You will be able to park very close to where the tents get set up.

Dinner is on Friday at around 7:15ish...it's buffet style so just wander over whenever you can. The dinner is at no cost to you guys, just a thank-you for participating and a way to close out the wheeling season. The campground regulations say that there is no outside alcohol allowed at their catered events, but you're welcome to bring whatever you want to the camping area as long as it stays there.

As of right now it looks like the Unibody Run idea fell through; the guys running that had some issues with vendors supplying stuff for the raffle and basically with the racing season this year didn't have time to pull it all together. So unless anything changes with that (I doubt it) we'll just be heading back after wheeling for a normal Saturday night at Twin Grove. For anyone looking to make dinner plans, Twin Grove has an on-site restaurant, or there are plenty of excellent local places on the way back to the campground from Rausch - come find me at some point and I'll be more than happy to give you directions or suggestions on where to go.

About the food near Twin Grove,

A couple months ago (I think it was the weekend of the KOH RCQ) I went and got dinner at Woodscreek Grill, which is about 10 minutes from the campground and I highly recommend it. VERY good food, and they have all sorts of exotic game meats you can eat. A little expensive, but delicious!

http://www.woodscreekgrill.com/

About the food near Twin Grove,

A couple months ago (I think it was the weekend of the KOH RCQ) I went and got dinner at Woodscreek Grill, which is about 10 minutes from the campground and I highly recommend it. VERY good food, and they have all sorts of exotic game meats you can eat. A little expensive, but delicious!

http://www.woodscreekgrill.com/
x2
I ate there one night at NACfest, and I plan on going back.

looking like ill be rolling into the comfort inn late friday night with some Yota friends.. I'll catch up with you guys at RC saturday AM

Back