• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktoberfest 2011 - October 21st-23rd, Rausch Creek PA

vetteboy

NAXJA Forum User
OK - so y'all can start planning, we'll make this official. October 21st-23rd it is.

I know a lot of people have stuff going on this month, so if you're planning on coming to this event, please post up here in the next few days so we can have an idea of the turnout.

We'd still like to do the catered German-style dinner however if we've only got a small amount of people coming the idea really does not makes sense. So, lets get some people on board here. Let us know you are coming so we can get the food/dinner figured out.

A group tent site will be available at Twin Grove Campground. Those of you who were at NAC-fest this year probably know about the 'alternate' camping area up the hill. This is a nice spot and we will likely end up there. Plus side being we can camp near the rigs/trailers/etc and away from the 'family' area, downside being that it's that much further away from the wimps who wanna stay in cabins. :wave1:

NOTE:
Camping will not be in the upper section as previously stated. It will be in the same section as prior years & NACFest. Please, Please, Please, keep it quiet and the volume level down. Also remember this is a family campground, be respectful of other people.

Another thing to consider is the folks over at Pirate4x4 are thinking about having the 4th Annual Jeep Unibody run on or around that same weekend:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=998122

I don't think this will be an issue as far as overpopulating the park, and it may even be a good idea to get some cross-exposure for NAXJA. Having attended that event for the last 3 years, even though the title says it's associated with Crawl for the Cure, this won't be nearly the debacle we encountered at last year's Rocktoberfest. The NJJA C4C event we coordinated with last year is scheduled for the weekend before as far as I can tell.

So please - any suggestions, thoughts, *and commitments* you guys have, please post 'em up here, and we'll try to set up Rocktoberfest 2011 the best way we can.

Thanks! :)

UPDATE:
The group tenting site is 'officially' reserved from Thursday evening until Sunday, but I know at least Rich (Rock2Pus) is planning on being there earlier, which shouldn't be a problem. Whenever anyone gets there, just check in at the office and tell them you're with :NAXJA:; you'll get the special group rate and they'll direct you to the tent site. You will be able to park very close to where the tents get set up.

Dinner is on Friday at around 7:15ish...it's buffet style so just wander over whenever you can. The dinner is at no cost to you guys, just a thank-you for participating and a way to close out the wheeling season. The campground regulations say that there is no outside alcohol allowed at their catered events, but you're welcome to bring whatever you want to the camping area as long as it stays there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rocktoberfest 2011 - October 22nd-23rd, Rausch Creek PA

i told dan about andy and the uni run, i'll definately be making this, staying at twin grove with the rest of you goons. i'd like to stay at the 'alternate' site as well. i'll try and convince the lady to come since there are showers and real bathrooms there :roll:

i want to eat food and drive over rocks

I will be there to wheel Friday and Saturday. Never wheel on sunday.

Hotel for me sorry, but will make the meal if we have it.

I will be there ,as will my Better Half. Hot Cider, anyone? Hmmm?
I like the alternate tent area, I've camped there before and it's pretty much a guarantee we wont bother anyone if there are any shenanigans...it's far away from the other sites and there is a brand new showerhouse nearby. It's shaded from the wind, plenty of parking for towpigs, and one heck of a nice view from the hilltop. Thumbs up for making this happen. I will be up early, probably wednesday night,....let me know if any help is needed to set up, I'll be there!
Rich

i will be there thursday night just set up the tent site so we have it because it is abusy month with halloween.people will show up

I dont care if its has to be half done, I gotta make black jeep wheelable for this. Red jeep already told me it doesnt wanna go back to PA. I'll be there either way ;)

In like flynn

In like flint

FIFY

51T37VW1Y0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I will be there in a jeep instead of a vw this time

ill be attending... with a jeep now thats questionable

im a new member and would like to make it. gotta see how things go with my work schedule however. and i gotta get the floor put back in my drivers side lol.

Back