• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree Nov 18-19, information

swbooking said:
Put me down for 1 more M shirt and 1 more dinner
Thanks
-Allen

Ok, got them both.

Orders sent via pay pal.

1 Large (L) tee shirt

And 2 dinners.

Weather has been pretty good up here in 29 palms, not too cold not too hot hopefully it stays like this for the event.

xXJx said:
Weather has been pretty good up here in 29 palms, not too cold not too hot hopefully it stays like this for the event.

It'll be nice to actually see what your doing when driving! :D

XJ_ranger said:
It'll be nice to actually see what your doing when driving! :D

It wasn't that bad :D

I have never been to an NAXJA "anything" before. I for sure want to order a T-shirt (X-large) and I will talk to my friends tomorrow about going along with me and paypal tomorrow (Saturday 14th) a final order and dinner $$. A question: My XJ is dead stock and not equipped at all for wheeling, but my 69 CJ5 is a much better trail rig. Since I would take my motorhome and trailer one of the Jeeps, would I be boo'd out of camp if I brought the CJ and not the XJ. PS my budy has a tricked out Wrangler so I'm asking for him too!

tgregg said:
I have never been to an NAXJA "anything" before. I for sure want to order a T-shirt (X-large) and I will talk to my friends tomorrow about going along with me and paypal tomorrow (Saturday 14th) a final order and dinner $$. A question: My XJ is dead stock and not equipped at all for wheeling, but my 69 CJ5 is a much better trail rig. Since I would take my motorhome and trailer one of the Jeeps, would I be boo'd out of camp if I brought the CJ and not the XJ. PS my budy has a tricked out Wrangler so I'm asking for him too!

Great! It will be nice to meet you.

BTW this is not a NAXJA event but a local event that gets a lot of exposure on NAXJA.

Well I'll re-phrase that, I have never done anything with NAZJA other than ask questions and occasionally try to help someone else online. So I assume the CJ would be OK? Do you guys use CB or SCORE race frequency for communication?

tgregg said:
Well I'll re-phrase that, I have never done anything with NAZJA other than ask questions and occasionally try to help someone else online. So I assume the CJ would be OK? Do you guys use CB or SCORE race frequency for communication?

I've never done anything with NAZJA either :laugh2:

It is basically an open event for enthusiest driving different rigs but it will mostly be XJs out there. CJ will be no problem at all.

We use CBs but trust me, 12 hours to get one mile, you won't really need them too much.

tgregg said:

Bring on your friends and your CJ, we're not exclusive around here, come on out and have fun. This run is a quasi-event, quasi-SoCal chapter event. We're not organizing enough to generate a permit, so the quazi nature. The raffle will benefit both Surprise Canyon legal fund and SoCal NAXJA. Basically, we're a bunch of friends meeting to go wheeling and have fun, and we're going to serve a dinner on Sat night and have a raffle.

tgregg said:

Sweet, it will be my first time out there too. Im sure it will be cool. Is there anything specific that anyone would recomend me to bring? besides basic camping stuff and a cooler?

swbooking said:
Sweet, it will be my first time out there too. Im sure it will be cool. Is there anything specific that anyone would recomend me to bring? besides basic camping stuff and a cooler?

It will get below freezing at night so bring lots of warm clothes and it may be windy.

Yeah Im from Running Springs so im pretty good with the weather, i didnt think it would be that cold but ill for sure bring LOTS of warm clothes from everyone and maybe ill pick up a propane heater that we have at work, that would be cool. Thanks cracker.

The weather is almost always nice during the day, but you never know how cold it may get at night. Best to be prepared. It can also get windy at any time, so tents should be well staked down.

I think we are gonna bring both the WJ and the XJ. I am not ready to drop the coin to set the XJ up for towing just yet. What runs are planned for the moderate crowd. I took the easy ride last year with Porch Puppy and we ended up running Lower Big Johnson. It was a really fun trail. I think we will run a moderate trail Saturday with the XJ and run a bunny slope Sunday with the WJ. Are there any easy runs planned for Sunday?

I'll roll around with Sunday morning for a couple hours. I don't know if anyone is "planning" runs for Sunday.

We'll figure out Sunday based on who wants to run. I guess it would be a good idea to post up if you'll want to run Sunday so we can get an idea of what to be prepared for.

Back