• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler X Factor Steering UPDATE

I am also running the RK X Factor steering. Right now I have it set up with the drag link on bottom and the tie rod on top like RK says to install it and my steering is real loose. I tried tossing a steering stabilizer on there and it didn't make much of a difference. I was thinking about flipping the tie rod and drag link just to see if it made a difference but I couldn't get the heim joint off the bolt on the passenger side. Tried using a BFH to hammer the bolt out but i wouldn't budge.

I was going to try the JCR misalignment spacers but I couldn't get them in since the stupid bolt wouldn't release. I'm at work right now so I can't see if there are any pictures on this thread. xalexjx do you have pictures of your X Factor with the JCR spacers on it? Did it make a big difference in steering play once you put them in?

Any idea why I would have such a hard time getting the bolt out?
I'm wondering if I need to take the wieght off of the axle in order to let the bolt release...

I am also running the RK X Factor steering. Right now I have it set up with the drag link on bottom and the tie rod on top like RK says to install it and my steering is real loose. I tried tossing a steering stabilizer on there and it didn't make much of a difference. I was thinking about flipping the tie rod and drag link just to see if it made a difference but I couldn't get the heim joint off the bolt on the passenger side. Tried using a BFH to hammer the bolt out but i wouldn't budge.

I was going to try the JCR misalignment spacers but I couldn't get them in since the stupid bolt wouldn't release. I'm at work right now so I can't see if there are any pictures on this thread. xalexjx do you have pictures of your X Factor with the JCR spacers on it? Did it make a big difference in steering play once you put them in?

Any idea why I would have such a hard time getting the bolt out?
I'm wondering if I need to take the wieght off of the axle in order to let the bolt release...

That bolt is a beeyotch to get out from the misalignment spacer; you'll need to take the weight off the axle like you suggested and then use an air gun to "unscrew" the bolt from the spacer in the draglink while prying down on the draglink to keep the pressure on.

I put my RK steering back on now that i have the Skyjacker drop pitman and the angles are dead-on. I drilled out the misalignment spacers as to alleviate wrestling with that ever again.
I also used two spacers per side and stopped the tierod from bouncing even the smallest amount. No need for it to move since its knuckle to knuckle, and no bind when cycling the steering.

Back