• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing radiator. Any suggestions?

I have a stock Modine from napa. It certainly works better than what was in there before, tho I got a 93 model to go in my 87, the conversion could have something to do with the better cooling. it was well priced.

well is wish i had read this earlier.

ordered one from genesis(early last week), haven't got it yet much less heard anything from em. have heard good things about these guys, if they f up i'll be getting one from the barn

I started a thread yesterday about their all aluminum rad, nobody replied:(
Today I tried calling genesis and could not get through and tonight it seems their website is broke, WTF? I like the idea of the all aluminum one, but I can't get ahold of them.

i as well am looking to possibly get a new radiator. for my 88 4.0 the price was 175 on radiator barn. now that i think abt it tho my 88 has the old coolant system and the rad has no filler neck but i want to go with a newer style that has a filler neck and do away with the crappy old one. so shuld i order for a newer year??

i as well am looking to possibly get a new radiator. for my 88 4.0 the price was 175 on radiator barn. now that i think abt it tho my 88 has the old coolant system and the rad has no filler neck but i want to go with a newer style that has a filler neck and do away with the crappy old one. so shuld i order for a newer year??

You don't need to ditch the system. Do what I did...swapped my coolant tank to a Dodge Intrepid tank and you'll get a real metal radiator neck/cap.

newcoolanttank.jpg

Back