• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

relocating charcoal canister

------
FWIW, the charcoal canister is about 2 feet in front of the rear axle on the driver's side. trust me, i know. canister, ----.

Depends on the year--some (mine) is mounted inside the engine compartment.

Anytime someone wants help on this, or any other forum, they need to include at least the year, engine , and tranny type:kissyou:.

I put mine next to the wiper motor. Had to cut the hole for it to fit but it gets covered by the cowl/wiper cover. Did not have room under the hood that I liked dut to most spare space taken up by OBA stuff. This worked great.

vacuumrelocation.jpg

I removed my vac resevior, the only thing that I have left that uses vac aside from the enigne hoses is the heat. I have had no ill effects thus far and have been running this way for about 3 years now. This last spring I eliminated the vac disconnect on the axle and xfer case as well by upgrading to a D44 and a Ford 9" on my 88. My 87 is bone stock.

I ran with my busted for a few months. As stated before, when climbing steep hills on the interstate air would only blow out the defroster vents and cruise control wouldn't hold speed. There wasn't enough vacuum to pull the accelerator all the way to the floor. I have a 5-speed so the cruise thing was probably more noticeable because of no downshifting.

Back