• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Registration Fees

So the race was an idea to bring the whole group together for a morning or afternoon. Two classes split at 35" tires. Smaller class would be through LRG, Upper class would run LRG and Killin' Time. A par or max time would be set earlier in the week by a practice run in Betty. We talked about a lightbar or bumper or something for the winners.

Big issues:
-Insurance
-Fairness
-Taking over that trail(s). It should be cleared with authorities so that we don't pull the same crap the sand rails did several years ago. They would probably want insurance, maybe a permit, and most likely a fee.

It was a cool idea but I think we have enough going on to keep people entertained and enough on our plate as is. Right now I have no desire to pursue it.

Any objections to covering the costs for Tyler and Brian Ho in return for their continued donations this year?

I thought I'd give a little inside info on why we (Mark, Glenn and I) decided to waive fees for vendors who attended.

Brian has always been a big supporter of the event and I think a lot of the early growth can be associated with him. He knows the trails and always had volunteered to be a trail leader. He also also brought raffle items in excess of his National Sponsorship commitment. He has also supplied food in the past.

Tyler was doing the same thing and has donated some cool stuff for our raffles. He also leads rides.

That is what waiving fees is all about. If guys who support the club show up with products and help lead rides, they deserve a perk. No if they don't do those things, they wouldn't get their fees waived.

I just wanted to be sure you guys knew what our intentions were and we weren't waiving fees just for the fun of it.

Tyler is a great guy and I'm glad to know him. He has brought amazing product to the Crawl in the past. I have only heard his side of the Rock Solid Fab discussion of sponsorship, and I understand that he has a fundamental problem of having product go nation-wide when he really only makes money off of local labor sales... That being said I don't know the other side, who has been in contact with him about what and how well he has kept up responsibilities. If he wants to donate product to the raffle that is well beyond registration costs, waive his fee and give him a big shoutout, but I'm not going to support him as a national vendor unless he meets those requirements.

Tyler is a great guy and I'm glad to know him. He has brought amazing product to the Crawl in the past. I have only heard his side of the Rock Solid Fab discussion of sponsorship, and I understand that he has a fundamental problem of having product go nation-wide when he really only makes money off of local labor sales... That being said I don't know the other side, who has been in contact with him about what and how well he has kept up responsibilities. If he wants to donate product to the raffle that is well beyond registration costs, waive his fee and give him a big shoutout, but I'm not going to support him as a national vendor unless he meets those requirements.

Nail hit on head.

mac 'Cottintail would be the best for the other side of the story' gyvr

No problem taking care of the people who made our logo this year. That helped out a lot by giving us one less thing to try and work on while booking everything else.

As for Tyler - understood about his commitments. I'm not too familiar with the exact requirements for being a vendor/sponsor, so if the whole race idea wouldn't meet his requirements then so be it. I like the idea of doing the race, but giving the liabilities and insurance and all that, not worth it at this point. Maybe if we get a bigger jump start next year it can happen.

Who is the person that should be talking to him about this? We need to let him know ASAP so he can either plan to build/bring something or play to pay for the crawl this year.

Cottontail is his national bod sponsorship rep.

mac 'he can say his bumper is worth anything' gyvr

A bumper can be compared to market prices from other companies but iirc I don't think he is going to do that this year. He can't produce them in enough quantity for mail order and last time we talked I strongly recommended a product he can make quickly and shop out like light mounts for led bar, steering box brace, yadda yadda. I digress, it's kind of off topic and it's not my business to run. Final word from me is that it's up to him and Dirk for sponsorship or he can simply donate to the Crawl and we will waive the fee.

We do need to make sure we pimp Rugged Ridge/Omix Ada if they participate with Stump again this year. They came through big time for 2013 Crawl and the Giveaway XJ and I feel like we dropped the ball on showing appreciation. I would love for a rep to come out this year and get a banner up. This goes for all companies either national sponsors or Crawl donations. I don't want to commercialize things but let's give credit where it's due and create opportunities for them to participate.

Sorry I'm late to the party guys. I've been out of town since Good Friday.

Tyler and I have had several discussions about the National Sponsorship program, in which he is currently enrolled, and the situation of "local" sponsors and the national stage. I've made some suggestions in the monthly meetings for the National BOD, that came from those discussions, that have not been fully vetted or haven't been made public yet.

All sponsors are to have their payment or product to the National Sponsorship coordinator by February 1, with some leeway. Tyler has not fulfilled his responsibility for payment yet. I spoke with him early last week about providing, if not physical product, a list of what he intends to bring to the Crawl. He has not done that.

Tyler does top notch fab work, is an active member in the SEC (on the trail more so than the forums), and I consider him a friend. However he does have National responsibilities to NAXJA that he hasn't completed. If Tyler does want to supply prizes for any sort of race or crawl challenge, that donation will need to be above and beyond his fulfillment of the National Sponsorship program requirements. He will not be allowed to make them one and the same.

If the SEC decides to offer Tyler (or Rock Solid Fab) a free registration to the Crawl this year, I will not disagree with that, however it should be decided by the SEC BOD with regards to his service to the chapter and not in any correlation to his status on the National level.

I would appreciate if Tyler approaches anyone on the SEC BOD further about the prize donation that you remind him the he will still need to fulfill his National status. If he has questions, refer him back to me.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late to the party guys. I've been out of town since Good Friday.

Tyler and I have had several discussions about the National Sponsorship program, in which he is currently enrolled, and the situation of "local" sponsors and the national stage. I've made some suggestions in the monthly meetings for the National BOD, that came from those discussions, that have not been fully vetted or haven't been made public yet.

All sponsors are to have their payment or product to the National Sponsorship coordinator by February 1, with some leeway. Tyler has not fulfilled his responsibility for payment yet. I spoke with him early last week about providing, if not physical product, a list of what he intends to bring to the Crawl. He has not done that.

Tyler does top notch fab work, is an active member in the SEC (on the trail more so than the forums), and I consider him a friend. However he does have National responsibilities to NAXJA that he hasn't completed. If Tyler does want to supply prizes for any sort of race or crawl challenge, that donation will need to be above and beyond his fulfillment of the National Sponsorship program requirements. He will not be allowed to make them one and the same.

If the SEC decides to offer Tyler (or Rock Solid Fab) a free registration to the Crawl this year, I will not disagree with that, however it should be decided by the SEC BOD with regards to his service to the chapter and not in any correlation to his status on the National level.

I would appreciate if Tyler approaches anyone on the SEC BOD further about the prize donation that you remind him the he will still need to fulfill his National status. If he has questions, refer him back to me.

Thanks Dirk. Understood completely. I know he's been busy with work lately so that may be why he hasn't completed his fulfillments, but that's between him and sponsorship.

I say we only offer him free registration if he makes a donation to the crawl, as was done in the past. Brian ho is donating roof sliders this year so it wouldn't be fair to him (or others) if we didn't hold Tyler to the same level of expectancy as well for a free ride to the crawl.

Since the race is pretty much a no-go for this year, someone needs to inform Tyler of this so he can plan accordingly for his donation (if it hasn't been done already).

Nick, can you get with Tyler and explain to him that the race won't be happening this year (due to above reasons), and have him get in touch with Dirk about fulfilling his requirements?

He's been waiting on an answer for me as to if we're going to be covering his registration fees or not, and I don't want to keep him waiting much longer so he'll have time to pay if it comes down to that.

Nick, can you get with Tyler and explain to him that the race won't be happening this year (due to above reasons), and have him get in touch with Dirk about fulfilling his requirements?

He's been waiting on an answer for me as to if we're going to be covering his registration fees or not, and I don't want to keep him waiting much longer so he'll have time to pay if it comes down to that.

Just sent him a text.

Just sent him a text.

FYI - National Sponsorship sent him a letter earlier this week suspending his banner and his blue letter status due to not fulfilling his requirements. He was instructed in that letter to reach me if he has questions, and I haven't heard anything from him via phone, e-mail, or PM.

FYI - National Sponsorship sent him a letter earlier this week suspending his banner and his blue letter status due to not fulfilling his requirements. He was instructed in that letter to reach me if he has questions, and I haven't heard anything from him via phone, e-mail, or PM.

Tyler and I talked about his options, he mentioned withdrawing from national sponsorship and I told him to contact you with his decision. I did not get a decision on what he wants to do though.

I tried to reinforce that we want him to attend the Crawl no matter what option he chooses, and his product big or little would still be appreciated in the raffle. At this point it's up to him to make a move but he is aware that if he does not fulfill national requirements or donate to the raffle he is expected to pay registration.

I received registration and paypal payment from Tyler this evening for the crawl.

We also spoke on the phone tonight a little bit about the whole deal. I hate it's come to this between him and sponsorship, but it is what it is.

He and I had a good conversation today. He's considering his options.

OT for a moment - what happened to your Facebook?

I was spending too much time on social media and killing time on my smart phone so I shut down Facebook and turned my iPhone in and got a flip phone.

Back