• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird Trail Work - Oct. 23rd

Great time...blah blah blah....

Next time I will install a fence around my trailer tongue.

Seriously, Thanks to all of you that showed up and helped out, nice to see some new faces this time.

Rev

Finally got the pics uploaded, and some of the vids. A couple were too large so I'll have to try to edit them.

Campground fun...

Line-up in the parking lot

Heading into Trail 21

On the trail

Taking care of the tree

The more interesting line...

Playing in the rocks...

High-tech motor mount, hope you made it home Josh

Tyler's stub...

Rev doing what he does best...

Attack of the Killer Ladybugs!

Click on any of the pics to go to the album and see the rest of them and the videos. I believe you can view the full size pics, but not download them. PM me your email and I'll send what you want.

Well, the day didn't end as well as it started.
My Jeep died driving down I-70 outside Indy. It had been running hot intermittently, then just slowed down, and died. When I stopped along side the highway, it the radiator was steaming. So I pulled the T-stat, added water, and it wouldn't start. Checked for fuel at the rail, nada. Put a couple gallons of gas in, nothing. Smacked the tank with a plastic hammer. Still no fuel.
I called my nephew, who borrowed his dads pickup and trailer. He hooked up, and no lights. So he re-wired the truck plug, and drove 2 1/2 hours to get me.

I got home at 4:00 AM. I was tired.:bawl:

The only problem is I didn't bring the right half of my tools home. So I'll drop the tank tomorrow.

Other than that, I had a blast! Well, except for the ladybugs. Remind me to bring my bug spray next time.

Glad you made it home safe, if not sound.

John, Did you see the rolled Dodge 1 ton off 63 this morning?

Rev

Yep, hope they were ok

I got your message, I can feel the love!
It brought a tear to my eyes.

Drunken video messaging, it's the next "in" thing :D

fianlly made it home about 7:00 this evening. Had another strong wind to contend with on teh way home but magaged to get an avg of 7.8 mpg coming back.

fuel,beer, food, Redbird shirts and stickers, camp ground fees=$700
wheeling (and late night calling) with some of the best friends a guy could ask for= priceless!

I will be back.......I have a beef with a certain tree I need to settle! :D

Looks like fun, i really need to get down to redbird. maybe the next cleanup

were was Aaron when all this late night fun happened? sleeping in that tent next to his truck?

Thanks to Rev and John...Rev has half a brain to engineer a motor mount and John being a carpenter is very useful. Gotta love wooden aftermarket parts! I got home around 10pm after hanging out at Brad's for a while last night. Motor mount held up well.

Looks like fun, i really need to get down to redbird. maybe the next cleanup

were was Aaron when all this late night fun happened? sleeping in that tent next to his truck?

I was in that tent, wasn't asleep and I kept hearing them messing with my jeep. I really nd to get blanks for my pistol..........:D

I was in that tent, wasn't asleep and I kept hearing them messing with my jeep. I really nd to get blanks for my pistol..........:D

That would be fun to watch...

Very great time, as usual. Aaron got what he had coming to him, and then proceeded to show us that he can do real wheeling. :D

Tyler made the long drive out from MO, and we were all thankful for that. Also he brought bacon!

Now I have checked out both Rev's enclosed trailer and Tyler's slide-in camper, and that has really got me thinking about how to get out of the tent game and into something with a roof. Hmmm...

Very great time, as usual. Aaron got what he had coming to him, and then proceeded to show us that he can do real wheeling. :D

Tyler made the long drive out from MO, and we were all thankful for that. Also he brought bacon!

Now I have checked out both Rev's enclosed trailer and Tyler's slide-in camper, and that has really got me thinking about how to get out of the tent game and into something with a roof. Hmmm...

To hell with tents. I will be debuting my pop-up at WF! :yelclap:

Back