• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird Fall Cleanup - November 12, 2016

I will be heading down on Friday sometime. Just driving the ex down.

Is there anything that we know of that needs worked on down there

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I hope to be there Friday by supper time.

mac 'fresh from Vegas' gyvr

Is there anything that we know of that needs worked on down there

I have a FB message in to Kenny, but I think he is at LBL at the moment. If he has anything I'll post up, but probably just 'normal' trail cleanup stuff.

I will throw in some branch trimmers and a hand saw, I don't think we will need a chainsaw unless Brian really wants to bring the electric one.

My Jeep hasn't moved since the Crawl, probably throw it on the trailer and arrive Saturday morning.

I'll bring my battery sawzall and some blades. Side note, does anyone have extra bolts for front driveshaft to tcase? I had a boo boo.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I'll bring my battery sawzall and some blades. Side note, does anyone have extra bolts for front driveshaft to tcase? I had a boo boo.

I have some im pretty sure right in my cup holder. Been there since WF. Im now a bit in the air whether i go due to work though.

I should have some sitting around. I can bring them with me. Will double check to make sure.

I should have some sitting around. I can bring them with me. Will double check to make sure.

Please do. I'm a 2wd Jeep otherwise lol I'll keep my local hunt going but most yards around here have zero xjs it's really pathetic.

Send me a pm with your address n I'll get some out for you Monday. I'm pretty sure I have a container full of them in the barn.

I am pushing to get the jeep done, just did an oversize master cylinder and new exhaust manifold (no more tick tick, haha). That being said I have a few other small things here and there to work on this week.

My questions are:
Is Redbird worth the 6 hour drive?
I assume cleanup is only part of the day? wheeling the rest?
Anyone interested in off-roading Sunday morning too?

Thanks Andy

I've made it out a few times and it was around 6 or 7 hours . The wheeling is ok, the comrade is worth the trip. One of the best times I've ever had with this group was at Redbird. Deep fried bacon, ass sammichs, pissing on windshields, shacking in the hohauler and Gene's story......unforgettable!

One thing for sure, make sure you fit in your tent. Mine fell a bit short..... on the plus side a cot fits nicely in the showers

My last redbird trip was alot of wheeling. But I never found the naxja guys while I was there so I didn't participate in the setup or clean up... Sorry guys also no cell service unless you're at the top of power line. At least not for me. But it was a good time and worth my 4.5 hour trip.

Kegger you were at the Halloween thing right? That was not a clean up run and there really weren't any other NAXJA guys there unfortunately.

For the clean up we'll be camping at Redbird station, just down the road from the entrance to the park. If you come down friday night or are there before about 9ish on Saturday we'll be there. We try to go up to the gate for the clean up together.

In the morning we run the NAXJA trail that we clean up every trip. If there's a project we work on it, if not we just clean the trail and then in the afternoon after lunch we do some wheeling of the park...get lost...some times roll a rig...

This clean up is again being done in conjunction with the Main event Off road club. They are doing a Toy's for Tot event on Saturday. If you'd like you can bring a Toy to contribute to their event. They are also doing dinner at 5pm on Saturday at Redbird station. Last year they had a raffle too.

mac 'should be a good time' gyvr

Oh I thought the plan was also to clean while hall-o-wheelin was going on too. But I'll be down there late Friday night. ( I get out of work at 530 my time, 4.5 hours south. So I'll get there at 11pm redbird time.)

Oh I thought the plan was also to clean while hall-o-wheelin was going on too. But I'll be down there late Friday night. ( I get out of work at 530 my time, 4.5 hours south. So I'll get there at 11pm redbird time.)

No we specifically said we weren't cleaning at the Halloween deal. Anyways, we'll be around a campfire when you get there.

mac 'where some of the best memories are made' gyvr

Back