• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Cone this Saturday 6/23

What better way to honor god than spending a day enjoying the mountains he created for us?

Amen brother:worship:

I'm in Montrose shooting a match, otherwise I'd be there.

I love that trail as well. Wife and I very nearly got struck by lightning there last fall. Dumb me being up there mid-late afternoon. I had static shocking me through my eyeglasses and my wife's hair was standing straight up, no BS. Try being on the top of Red Cone, in a hurry to get down. LMAO! That was exciting! She doesn't like Red Cone much at all, but I do!

Very tempting, never run Red Cone before, heard much about it. I read in this thread it can be done in a stock rig? I am lifted, but only running 30's, would love to come along but dont want to hold the group back, havent done a group ride before either!

Just come along. Worse case I'm locked f/r and have a winch. I can easily recover you if needed.

It changes every year but you should be able to make it just fine. There is really only one obstacle that might pose a challenge on Red Cone. I think I could get over it in my AWD Ford Exploder.

Well I'll be there. A friend with a CJ might tag along if that's cool.

You know the rules.....out of state or no XJ means they have to buy the beer :jester:

The beer is for afterwards around the campfire. I guess we luck out on this run since we aren't staying overnight.

Hey guys, sorry to be a party pooper but it looks like i'm not going to make it tomorrow. I feel like I need to be home so that I can evacuate my pets if need be with the nearby Waldo fire, and I may need to help some friends in the springs as well. My friend with the CJ is right across the street from the current evacuation so he's out too. Have fun and be safe, pray for rain.

I'm in. See you tomorrow at the morrison exit off C-470 at 9am.

Janine -- post up in the thread Mike started if you need help, or whatever. Scary stuff.

Leaving now

Back