• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear hatch ladder - pics

ren said:
HA, HA, Gojeep. You know what I mean. Then again, at 5" tall, I would save alot of money going to the movies if I just toss her in my pocket. Hmmm.

:) There was a song about just that too in the 60's. Cant think of it just now?

dsgray16 said:
whats your point?

37 dollars for a ladder that will get you onto your roof rack? Ideas for those that can think outside the box? For sombody with the skill to work with somthing that is not an expensive bolt on goodie? For someone that likes the look of a teak ladder? For sombody that only needs a ladder for a few camping trips a year? To just toss out alternative ideas?

bknudtsen said:
True, however I believe that he said that he and his wife sleep up top on the roof rack, so the ladder would be appropriate and useful mod in his situation. IMO

Brad

Sort of like how I don't drink, but the wife does. THe best mod on my rig she thinks the the bottle opener on the bumper!!

sjx40250 said:
Are the struts strong enough to lift and keep the hatch open? Does it now need assist to open all the way?

Good point. The struts on my hatch ('91) are barely strong enough to hold the hatch itself fully upright, and I just replaced them about a year ago.

A similar ladder with hooks on top to nest on the back rail of the roof rack that you could stow atop the roof rack would be practical for the occasional need to access the roof.

But make no mistake, the ladder as is is a very cool mod, no disrespect intended.

sjx40250 said:
There might be a substitute strut that has more pressure to deal with the extra weight.

I had a problem with too much assistance with the struts after I replaced the rear window glass with polycarbonate. Maybe that is an idea and have a near unbreakable window to boot. ;)

ren said:
HA, HA, Gojeep. You know what I mean. Then again, at 5" tall, I would save alot of money going to the movies if I just toss her in my pocket. Hmmm.

but none the less whats the good out of that...if you catch my drift:laugh2:

Pics no worky... anyone still have them? I remember it being real helpful for my own plans...

Pics no worky... anyone still have them? I remember it being real helpful for my own plans...

Found these by looking at his profile......

BTW......
I like it. ;)

2423800419_large.jpg

2423800416_large.jpg

2423800411_large.jpg

These are from just page 1.
He has 16 pages, didnt look at all of 'em.... might be more.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/242380

Last edited:
Back