• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear hatch ladder - pics

If I had a aftermarket rear bumper I would make one, but i wonder how the stock bumper would hold up? Porably not bad since it wont see much of the weight.

Last edited:
If I had a aftermarket rear bumper I would make one, but i wonder how the stock bumper would hold up? Porably not bad since it wont see much of the weight.

Well you can stand on the stock bumper all day long with no issues, so I would imagine that it would work fine. I really like the fab work and ingenuity of this project, but the application isn't that worthwhile IMO unless you were sleeping up there. Otherwise, why not just stand on a rock rail, the door frame, or the rear tire. Before I had rock rails, I always put one fut on the tire and one on the rear door. I don't see much value in having access to the very back of a cargo rack.

Back