• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rally XJ - Team Hazard Rally

Kristen and Jan Tabor run their RSX rally car with AC in it too, stereo too I think. Rally On!

Control Arms waiting if you want them:

800033.jpg

800027.jpg

They're slightly longer, 1/4" I believe. If you want, I can have someone get me eye to eye measurements on both. They're actually designed to give a bit more caster on a small lift. Our kit is 3". Are you stock height?

My only concern would be that at stock height you have a pretty flat control arm. These have a bump in them to clear the shock tower at 3-4" of lift, so with a flat arm like that the bump would actually stick downward. Could be a ground clearance concern.

Your call though, if you want them we can get a sponsorship app started.

Look into a frame reinforcement for the steering box mount area. Not just a brace to the other frame rail(a good idea too) but plating for the frame around the box mount holes. It's a known weak area on the XJ when heavily stressed, and considering your dr-side frame rail has already been damaged, good idea to reinforce it.

Several manufacturers sell both inside and outside reinforcements. JKS makes a kit to do the whole thing:JKS steering brace kit
(It's what I got to put on my Comanche)'Has inner and outer plates, plus spacer inserts that weld to the cladding plates. The assembly does away with the factory aluminum steering box spacer.

WheelinJr sent me the Steering Box Brace as well. I will look into some reinforcement on the frame rails too.

Last night I picked up a parts Jeep off craigslist for donor parts. If anyone needs anything from a 96 4dr/4.0/auto/4wd let me know. I'm just going to strip what I can use and then junk the shell.

The weather has been miserable here, so I haven't had much of a chance to work on it. Hopefully I'll have some updates soon.

After spending the last couple months trying to find affordable shop space near me, I've given up for now. With no daylight, and working outside in low temps (and weather), I'm severely lacking in the motivation department. This happens every year about this time. We usually work like fiends in April to get ready though.

Back