• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator

XJwheelman

NAXJA Forum User
I need to put in a new radiator and I want to upgrade. any suggestions?
(wasn't sure if this belonged in OEM or Modified Tech)
I am thinking of going with an aluminum 2 row. I have a 5spd so I don't have to worry about the fittings for the tranny

I just ordered a 2row all metal one from Radiatorbarn.com

Just about everyone stands by em and they got a great warranty. Not to mention it's only $161 shipped to my door.

ive got a genesis auto chinese peice, nice for the price. allthough they do ship from los angeles...

it was cheaper than $161, i know that.

I need to put in a new radiator and I want to upgrade. any suggestions?
(wasn't sure if this belonged in OEM or Modified Tech)
I am thinking of going with an aluminum 2 row. I have a 5spd so I don't have to worry about the fittings for the tranny

FOR WHAT YEAR XJ?

It is almost always necessary to provide some simple information: year, engine, trans, you know--the kind of things people might need to know to help you with YOUR vehicle.

I needed one quick.
That said, auto zones all metal , with lifetime warranty and free replacement was 110$ with tax. No shipping.

I off road, and drive hard... Runs perfect for last 2 months

yea...I guess I should have included the information. 96 4.0HO NP231 AX15.
I want to stay away from the OEM style radiator.

Ok. Better.

96 XJ you have an open system--radiator cap on the radiator, recovery bottle instead of pressure bottle.

How about a CSF 3-row core radiator, all metal (brass and copper), you can get it through DPG Offroad, a NAXJA sponsor, for about $175?

I would NEVER use an aluminum radiator in a high salt corrosion area--what do they use on the roads where you drive?

Im not really sure what the mix is but it seems that I wont be going with the all aluminum. thanks for recommending DPG though, I didn't even realize they had radiators

I put a 3 row all metal one from Radiatorbarn.com in my '96 and it works great!!

Not sure if they're exactly what you're looking for but Performance Radiator based out of Phoenix, AZ sells a good unit. Retail is hefty but because my dad has an account with them we put one in for about $89 I think. I think it's a brass core but not sure - it was a while ago that we did it.

I can say this though is that while I thought I would surely need to cool my Jeep with a 3 row radiator (it was always borderline overheating in Phoenix in the summer), it now never crawls past the 210 mark even on heavy hill climbs.

Back