• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about Old Man Emu

soarhead25 said:
I wanted a bit more height out of it, so I ordered it with the 2" spacers and extended length shocks.

I am running 31"x10.5xR15's- BFG AT/KO'S

The part numbers are N35L & N36L, the L meaning the long version.

Here's what I would do now:

If you want to get it "up there" using OME stuff-
Use the 934 Grand Cherokee ZJ coil AND a 2" spacer, and definitely the Long version shock. Use the same leafs I did-3", and add a 1" to 1.5" shackle. Try to borrow one to see what you need to level you out, or just use a floor jack and measuring tape. Long shock in the back too. It will be a stiff ride up front, but your rig is ready for a bunch of crap to be bolted on, like bumpers & a winch. With the weight of bumper & winch up front-this is supposed to be the hot ticket. This setup should clear 33's, maybe more.

If you just want a moderate lift and a great ride then use the 930 coil, 1 inch spacer, and stay with the regular length shock so that you can order the comfort version. same leaf in back or step down to the light leaf pack thats rated for 2". This should drive really nice. I personally think the OME rides stiffer than stock, but maybe it's still breaking in a little.

Reread my post above and realize that I came out pretty darn level after using the 2" spacer up front. According to ARB info, I have a 4" lift up front, and 3" in the rear.

Hope that helps you-

i hope i'm not hi-jacking this thread, but does anyone know if the hd 2" ome springs would net MORE than 2" of lift, possibly around 2.5"? i'm looking to upgrade my saggy stock springs stuffed with an aal. i've got 1.5" shackles and would like to keep them, would be happy with 4" total(don't misread that statement;) ).

Back