• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quality Service Manual

BigBlueXj

NAXJA Forum User
i need to find a quality service manual these haynes suck ass im looking for a wiring diagram for the ecu that dosent lump togeather 10 years onto one page THANX......

Chiltons are mildly better, but the best (by far!) is the factory manual.

What wiring diagrams do you need? What year and engine? I may have scans somewhere that I can "donate to the cause," if you're not in a huge hurry. Also, if you tell us what you're trying to do/solve, you might get some pointers.

As I've mentioned before, I use Haynes manuals to even up the short legs on workbenches...

5-90

As already mentioned get an FSM. Depending on your specfic year, it may be one or more manuals costing $60 to $120 for the set.

Kent :)

its a 2000 xj 4.0 im chasing the imfamous mil. i need a ecu diagram i need to go over some sensor wires, the haynes manual is a joke, im definetly goin for the fsm, but if you have a diagram that will help it be great.

Service Publications: 1-800-348-4696.

What exactly is the "imfamous mil" your talking about. I've had my share of the CELs on but I don't know exactly which one you're referring to.

same as the cel my scanner refers to it as a mil (malfinctoin indication light) and i already bid on an fsm thanx for the help.

BBXJ,

The 97+ XJs are prone to fantom lack of instrument cluster response or no readings at all with the Air Bag indicator illuminated. This is caused by the bus harness connectors that the cluster snaps into... The connectors and/or the pins on the back of the cluster get black spots of oxidation which causes a failure of signals to reach the cluster from the ECM.
IF this is your problem... There is a TSB (Tech Service Bulletin) that addresses this problem by replacing the connectors with factory packaged replacements.... The old connectors are cut out and new ones are soldered in.....
As others have said.... The FSM is the best source for the schematics... I paid $100 for mine in 98, but have used it countless times over the years....

Charles

It just so happens that when i had my heater circut failure i had the jeep dealer email me an entire wiring schem for my 98 4.0. So if you need it i can send it to you but it is a large email. Let me know.

about that corrosion problems with the pins that sounds some what like my problem, my scanner has a freeze frame option which shows all sensor values durring the time of the malfunction or thrown code, my map sensor and cps(CAM) SENSOR BOTH HAVE ZERO VALUES when the codes are thrown (multiple misfire, 1,3n4) however my air bag light is not on

BBXJ,

This problem could also be caused by either a dirty or loose connector on a main harness coming from the ECM.
Contact Mike R. at [email protected] OR [email protected] and explain the symptoms...
He is the resident SoCal XJ dealership Jeep Electronics Technician and has helped many of the NAXJA and SoCALXJ owners with their problems....

Charles

Back