• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Puttin the Dirty Girl in the Burnout comp!!

This weekend is the local fair and they have a show and shine, as well as a burnout comp. Im putting my '87 xj in, normally i run 33's, with a cammed, intaked, headrerd 4.0L. it has stock gears with a lock right in the rear, it spins the big tire at will. I will be running 215's for the comp! i cant wait to see what i can do. I'm worried the aw4 will wanna shift to third and not hold it. i know all about the shift controls from aw-shifting, and all the other manual over-rides, which i wanna do, but i dont have time. can i get away with gas pedal modulation?

im worried it may not hold it and bog down. thus causing less smoke. ive never run 215's before, im sure it will take it, but if i payin to get in i wanna make a run for the title. know what i mean? might do some test runs tomorrow night and post vids. and the actual comp will def. be posted!

I'm wondering if rigging up a torque converter lockup switch would help?

lockin one to one wont help. ive thought about it too. i will do the manual shift conversion... when i get time. im a chrysler tech... i want my xj to be top notch! but time and cash take priority.. we all know how that feels..

Back