• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

proracedriver616's "jeeplife" story

Re: where have all the good cherokees fs gone

The guys I've seen running those have regretted it. Lots if snapped lugs and torn up wheels.

made some more progress

13300247995_deeaebd78e_c.jpg

13300411053_a317871e4a_c.jpg

13300273435_24307b9bb0_c.jpg

13300635884_74f3c5ec4d_c.jpg

13300646164_f4d38cc7ef_c.jpg

13300282925_d612bf6feb_c.jpg

Hey man, your tail light is busted. I'm going to have to call Troy up and have him write you a ticket. :D

Love the hatch/spare tire job

Dammit Seth..... that looks amazing. You're starting to make me like XJ's again..... :gag:

Thursday night i replaced my valve cover gasket, and finished up a few loose ends here and there. I also ordered a new steering wheel, I decided to try a joe's racing wheel this time as a lot of the ultra4 racers run them and they seem to hold up well. Along with the dished 15" joe's wheel i have a pair of racequip 5 point harness on the way.

There may be a break in progress on my jeep because, im sad to say, friday was my last day working at Crawlertech. I had a job opportunity present itself a couple weeks ago, and although it was a hard decision to make, i had to take the offer. Josh and Lisa have treated me very well over the last year and i have learned a ton working with Josh and Jon. I left the shop on good terms and will still highly recommend the shop to anyone looking for a good shop to go to that stands behind their work.

With the exception of fabbing up my a-pillars and the external halo/roof bars on my cage, all i have left to do is minor bolt on things and some tweaks here and there to be ready for the dirt riot race on june 14th in colorado springs.

Dude. Ur a hell or a fabricator. I hope you landed something that will allow you to display your skill sets

Does that mean Flores will not be getting is sticker now? :D

Sold, broken, or going wheeling?!?! Too much suspense

That's the brakes. :)

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Oh ok...that's not that bad at all!

:D

Thought much worse had happened.

That was only the beginning, happened a couple hours after i got down to RAM last sunday. I had someone run me to vato zone and bought a chevy truck brake line, bled the brakes, pulled the shock off then kept wheeling. But then hen this happened.....

Pass. side:

13636716433_cefc90cc5d_h.jpg

Drivers side:

13571039204_fcfc642065_b.jpg

For everyone who thinks 1/2 ton axles or "full widths" are awesome....think again haha. I remember thinking how tiny everything was when i put the locker in the 9", yep...a bunch of tiny junk.

I did have stock shafts, but i was going over such a tiny rock when the axleshaft let loose. I couldnt believe all the carnage that took place from such a small rock and an uneventful sounding break, no wheel spin, wasnt under WOT or anything like that. Drivers shaft broke, passenger shaft twisted at the splines, 3rd member is done, and the ring and pinion are done.

The locker is on its way back to yukon so they can tear it all apart and inspect it for any damage and either repair or replace it then itll be up for sale. A 14 bolt is slowly getting parts and is on its way into the back of my jeep very soon.

What were you trying to climb at ram to do that??
Must have broken before and just let go then. I can't think of anything at ram that difficult. Unless the locker has a problem like the Detroit did in truggy where the locker unloading kept destroying crap.

Back