• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proper gear install

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
Okay as some of you know I am swapping to a Dana 44 and a Ford 9"
I am still gathering parts, so I am not ready yet for istallation.
I do want to start looking for a quality shop. I was going to attept this myself but think its a little over my head. What I want is a shop that has expierance, gears installed correctly (should not make noise)
I also would like to pay for these services and not get bent over.
I am also lookig for someone to weld on my Tand T truss and rear spring hangers. They can be two diffrent shops. Nick recommeded Willamet metal fab for this.

Suggestions please, thank you Jason :D

No disrespect here how do i know he has experience. I have heard this before. Does he have refrences on past welding jobs I can see. Does he have clients that I can talk to.
I am not as concerned about price as I am having it installed properly. That being said I do not want to get screwed either. I am going to be very leary about anyone doing this job, due to saftey and the possablity of destroying expensive parts. Parts that I could not afford to replace at this point. Like I said no disrespect.

Thanky you Monkeyboy

I am buying a T & T truss just do not have a welder big enough to weld it on, or the skill at this point. I havent welded anything serious for 20 years. Plus I want my weldes to be strong and purdey.

Thanks DakineJ.

As for my brother he went to school for welding and is certified to weld pretty much anything. He worked at gunderson building box cars and barges. He does tube work and fabrication on the side for now.

When it comes to differentials he is good. I have set up axles and I've done differentials in several transaxles for customers and I can tell you he will be doing or at least helping with the 4.88s in the MJ

Okay as some of you know I am swapping to a Dana 44 and a Ford 9"
I am still gathering parts, so I am not ready yet for istallation.
I do want to start looking for a quality shop. I was going to attept this myself but think its a little over my head. What I want is a shop that has expierance, gears installed correctly (should not make noise)
I also would like to pay for these services and not get bent over.
I am also lookig for someone to weld on my Tand T truss and rear spring hangers. They can be two diffrent shops. Nick recommeded Willamet metal fab for this.

Suggestions please, thank you Jason :D

I said for narrowing, to go to fab (I have never worked with him but heard good things, cheap on price)
Gears I would go to Dad's Garage ( off 74th and holgate) ask for reuben 503-312-3190

For welding/ bumpers Dunetech offroad
Off 127th and foster
Kalani 503-752-1830

Both Dad's and Dunetech have 20+ years in there fields. I know them both very well and wouldn't think of going anywhere eles...

Last edited:
Thanks Nick I never intended to narrow my axles, I though we were talking about setting up pinion angle and welding on brakets.

I said for narrowing, to go to fab (I have never worked with him but heard good things, cheap on price)
Gears I would go to Dad's Garage ( off 74th and holgate) ask for reuben 503-312-3190

For welding/ bumpers Dunetech offroad
Off 127th and foster
Kalani 503-752-1830

Both Dad's and Dunetech have 20+ years in there fields. I know them both very well and wouldn't think of going anywhere eles...

i second that, Reuban did my gears, Dunetech did my bumper, and both will have my business again!

Back