• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "WTFWIT"

Craigslist free section :anon:

Haha, well its an 84 so its still solid axle. its probably gonna end up being a truggy with the frame backhalved!

while getting the rig ready for the SMORR run this next weekend I found 3 cracks in the unibody. I have the front bumper brackets running way back the frame rail, a steering box brace and even an upgraded spacer plate that is wider then stock and it still freaking cracked. I welded up the cracks and even made a plate that bolts into the stock sway bar bracket location and then welded around it to hopefully keep it from seperating in the same spot again. This ol rig is about worn out, but my motto for this run is "If I flop, I CHOP!" Still lots of good parts on tis rig but the body and motor are showing its age.

Cheese "it's just a matter of time" Man

if only you had a unmolested late model that you could transfer all the parts too...

haha, I do!! The 97 I bought is still in my shed awaiting payment from the potential buyer. If they dont pay up soon it may be the next victim. I am really leaning towards a buggy build still....

I think a XJ powered tube chassis buggy would be sweet!!! But what do I know about buggys....:)

it is definatly a thought, but a badass fuel injected V8 is sweet too!!

I wont leave the bunny slopes, I am afraid to wheel..and I dont want to scratch my nice paint or get any dents :D

When are you going to be at SMORR? Bringing any other NAXJr's' with you? I live pretty close and use my Wagoneer for SMORR (my son's 87 XJ 2 door Chief is too nice), but don't know if I will have time to actually wheel as I am getting ready for a 'froading trip in the XJ to CO on Monday. (just trail riding in the mountains!)

Would like to check out your rig though... looks great!

When are you going to be at SMORR? Bringing any other NAXJr's' with you? I live pretty close and use my Wagoneer for SMORR (my son's 87 XJ 2 door Chief is too nice), but don't know if I will have time to actually wheel as I am getting ready for a 'froading trip in the XJ to CO on Monday. (just trail riding in the mountains!)

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1065960

we are heading down in the morning and will head back Sunday. Blake (KSXJ) who is a fellow NAXJA-er will be there with us...but he has converted to the dark side and rns a YJ now :D I have a few other buddies bringing their rigs but they are not XJ's. I will be there with a 25' gooseneck trailer w/ a camper mounted on it "Hillbilly Hauler" style. My rig is a piece of shit, dont get your hopes up for much :D

The dark side has an actual frame :D Look up a couple posts and see where you are talking about the front of your jeep fauling off, well....

I will get another XJ for a DD. When my brother gets tired of his and sells it to me cheap ;)

The dark side has an actual frame :D Look up a couple posts and see where you are talking about the front of your jeep fauling off, well....

I will get another XJ for a DD. When my brother gets tired of his and sells it to me cheap ;)

I don't want to be that guy. But unless you have swapped over to coils in the front of that yj your approach angle is going to bring the suck compared to an xj. I like yj's but come on you can't bash a cherokee on naxja. Have fun at smorr it is definitely my favorite place to wheel. If you get to meet J2sax he is a stand up guy.

a few more updates and the final pic of the dismantling will be posted....

Cheese "movin' on" Man

Sad...

Back