• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project list before NacFest

picked up a motor today, the only other major hurdle i got left is floorpans, o yeah i still need to install all this stuff

My status is idle at the moment, ive got all the parts / supplies i need to do everything, its just finding time to do it thats difficult, i should get the herculining done next week, which will be good.

And its looking as if the final item on my to-do list is going to be taken care of within the next week, new GTI 2.0 Turbo should be in the driveway in the very near future. I had a brake line let go on me in the jeep again, blew through all of five points in union, (3 traffic lights, all red) which convinced me to get off my ass and find a new car to drive every day, im sick of worrying about having the XJ ready for monday mornings.

well the motor i picked up last weekend is completly jusy, friggin packed with sludge, i guess thats what i get for payin 50 bucks, this weekend im pickin up a motor that i know runs fine, and then next weekend ill be gettin a dana 44, it will be a miricle if my jeep makes it but im trying my best

Rob Mayercik said:
Time to put up my list, I suppose:

1. Get carpet out, dry pad and deal with floor pan issues (in process)
2. Headliner recover
3. Remove rear sway bar
4. Clean fuel injectors (done)
5. Get upper hinge on LF door rewelded (in process - see #1)
6. Replace Duct Tape on RR lower quarter panel (temporary hole coverer)

Rob
Update - NHRocker was right - most of the floor within the perimeter defined by the four studs for the RF seat was a hole, and most of the rest of the floor on that side wasn't too far behind. It's now at the local body shop that fixed up the nose for me, and I expect that to be taken care of in the next couple of days, as well as the LF upper door hinge.

The injector cleaning went pretty well - I'll bring the kit and a can of the cleaner (bought a couple) along with me to the 'Fest, if anyone wants to have a good look. It took me a whole 15 minutes, and that was even with having to restart the engine a few times because I let it stall.

On the up side, I now have all the parts in place for my electric mirror conversion - time to start spending a little quality time with the schematics to work out how wire it all up.

Rob

i picked uo a secod motor today, this one i know runs and is complete, all assecories and sensors, and next weekend ill be gettin a D44

I started disassembling my Jeep yesterday. Got the A/C, the radiator, the entire front clip, the serpentine belt, the air box, and the front bumper off. Hopefully Wednesday I'll have the engine out.

Rob Mayercik said:
Update - NHRocker was right - most of the floor within the perimeter defined by the four studs for the RF seat was a hole, and most of the rest of the floor on that side wasn't too far behind.
It's one of those times where I hate being right, but I'm glad you're getting it taken care of.

I haven't really made any progress on my rig. I've been working on other peoples too much. Hopefully I'll be starting to work on my own again this week.

nhrocker said:
It's one of those times where I hate being right, but I'm glad you're getting it taken care of.

I haven't really made any progress on my rig. I've been working on other peoples too much. Hopefully I'll be starting to work on my own again this week.

My only regret on the floor is that I didn't get to it some time ago, possibly before it got this bad. Still, it's being dealt with now. Hopefully the DS of the floor is in better shape (couldn't get the nuts on the LF seat loose myself), but if I have to have that worked on too, so be it.

Good luck with the engine swap.

Just for kicks, I'm going to pull the timing cover tomorrow and take a look at the chain.

nofrontkw1.jpg

#1 -- Finally join NAXJA (check out my reg date)
#2 -- Get a cooler and beer and get in my truck :D

OK Rad and water pump are done. Now I think I'll rebuild some drive shafts

Front DS done replaced drivers seat built a tire mount for the roof rack, jeeps almost done, until I can get it painted. Now on to the pop-up

gabe4 said:
Front DS done replaced drivers seat built a tire mount for the roof rack, jeeps almost done, until I can get it painted. Now on to the pop-up
So how does it feel to actually make progress on your rig? Mine keeps taking a step back... I've been working on vehicles quite a bit, but sadly it hasn't been my own.

heres all the goodies i got for my rig, just need ti get it all installed

4.5" Lift

15x8 American Racing Steelies

Motor

D44 and in true ROBZ95XJ fasion the diff cover is painted lime green

couple other things needed to get xj back on road
fix floors
replace stearing box
rebuild tcase and install SYE
get frt driveshaft for rear

nhrocker said:
So how does it feel to actually make progress on your rig? Mine keeps taking a step back... I've been working on vehicles quite a bit, but sadly it hasn't been my own.
Everytime I get something done I find something else I need to deal with. I know what you mean about other cars, it seems all I do is work on my sh!t all the time between the TJ the Malibu and the bike I've removed or rotated every tire broke studs on spacers fixed door and cobbed mirror's. Every knuckle is bloody and my kid has learned more then a few new words.

ROBZ95Xj said:
heres all the goodies i got for my rig, just need ti get it all installed
couple other things needed to get xj back on road
fix floors
replace stearing box
rebuild tcase and install SYE
get frt driveshaft for rear

wow I thought getting re-geared and such was a chore, your basically building a jeep to drive there, good luck.

Back