• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project list before NacFest

OK, I officially see the light at the end of the tunnel. No pics (not much to see yet), but I got the 2wd axle out and mounted up the drop brackets. Things came apart very easily for an 87 MJ. I should have the D30 hanging underneath by the end of the day tomorrow...

woohoo, i think this thing is going to be bigger than I expected....

A.

well by the end of the week i should have a Dana 44, wich will wind up getting 4.10's and a spool:D

Well papa got some brand new shoes today. 34" LTB's are on. Still need to trim the fenders and regear however.

Mounting the first one:
47b7da20b3127cce98548647976b00000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

Wheel spacer to make them fit:
47b7da20b3127cce98548644165800000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

Halfway done:
47b7da20b3127cce98548645976900000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

Done!
47b7da20b3127cce98548643976f00000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

47b7da20b3127cce98548640165c00000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

ROBZ95Xj said:
looks freakin awsome Johnny!
x2

How soon before you test them out?

On a side note, today I successfully messed up both my driveshafts and "self-clearanced" my tail pipe. I like adding to my to-do list... :laugh3:

nhrocker said:
x2

On a side note, today I successfully messed up both my driveshafts and "self-clearanced" my tail pipe. I like adding to my to-do list... :laugh3:
dont forget about frt shocks

OK bedlined up to the door handles and installed TJ flares, installed another hockey puck but when I flexed she rubs just a little on the front bumper so time to trim that.

nhrocker said:
x2

its gonna be a while still.... I have to do gears still front a rear. I also need to trim my fenders

nhrocker said:
I think the last pic is the only one that really shows the bed liner. Looks like it came out pretty good.

yep and from that line up it's been sanded and is getting ready to be painted grey.

Which bedliner did you end up using? Looks too smooth to be herculiner.

dupli-color spray on, it's got a little texture but not to much. It's there to prevent rust for the most part, but it looks pretty tuff

I may have to try that, I'm just looking to do where I've got the factory rubber trim on the doors, and on the areas i cut behind the bushwackers, because i can tell that the paint i did put back there is all flaking off, and I'd like to find a bit more permanent solution. How many cans did it take you to do what you did? I would probably need about 1/3 of that.

gabe4 said:
dupli-color spray on, it's got a little texture but not to much. It's there to prevent rust for the most part, but it looks pretty tuff
Yeah, I love that stuff. I recently used it on my cage and I've been using it on car stereo projects for a while.

JoeShmo said:
I may have to try that, I'm just looking to do where I've got the factory rubber trim on the doors, and on the areas i cut behind the bushwackers, because i can tell that the paint i did put back there is all flaking off, and I'd like to find a bit more permanent solution. How many cans did it take you to do what you did? I would probably need about 1/3 of that.
If your taking below where the trim was then you'll need about three cans but I'd get 4 so you can put on a bunch of coats and it helps even out the look. You have to use a nice even stroke or you'll have shiny spots.

nhrocker said:
Yeah, I love that stuff. I recently used it on my cage and I've been using it on car stereo projects for a while.
I was planning on doing the whole rig but found out a guy here locally already did it so. Plus there are sooo many all black rig around i thought i'd be a little different.

I apologize in advance if these are huge, but im working on my laptop and with teh 1920x1200 res, everything seems tiny. These showed up this afternoon and I decided to brave the 'cold' to install them tonight. (for anyone not in the know, they are E-Code housings w/ 55w H4 white H4 bulbs, no ricer blue for this boy). And how is this mod pertinent to NACFest you ask, well.. my stock headlights were about as bright as holding 2 open cell phones infront of the Jeep, so i now stand a chance of surviving the ride out to PA come June.

100_2606_resize_medium.jpg

100_2609_resize_medium.jpg

Stock 55w Sealed Beams on the Left, E-Code H4's on the right.

comparison.PNG

Back