• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Hard Wood and Rubber Fixed My Rear"

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

definitely have some major trimming to do on the rear and cut and fold. But first (hopefully tonight) i wanna get the other rim/tire tore down and clean out and put new bb's in. But the kid is alot more fun still lol.

little update. Havent fixed or done anything, just christened her in at the local mud bog last weekend.

123952.jpg

This things age is starting to show through a little bit also.

It needs a radiator, rear brakes, and a new header.

My track bar is still a pos, its a rusty's with a TRE. My last xj was the same bar but with his HD mount. Hopefully i can upgrade to that soon.

Well havent been able to break 25 mph for the last week lol. Good thing i only live 2 miles from work.

Found out my draglink is wasted so im going to be ordering heims from ruffstuff real soon and building steering.

The MJ looks like a decent setup.

My only advice is that if you are taller (over 6ft) or plan to spent much time in it, the Comanches do start to feel small if you are used to an XJ. I have had both, and while I would not hesitate to chop my current XJ into a 2 door, if would be hard for me to even consider buying another MJ to use on an even semi regular basis. For a pure off roader, you will probably be fine and the interior room will never be an issue.

the only time i spend an extended period is driving to parks (which i never do anyway cuz i am always to broke!) so i drive 3 miles to work and maybe spend a day on local seasonal roads or at a local mud bog were they have a couple trails through the woods. My plan really is to have all this sweet aftermarket parts and in a year or two find a nice stock xj to slap it all under ;)

Interesting setup with the tail lights there. I probably would have made steel boxes instead of just painting over the originals, but cool none the less.

yea i am going to be getting a bench seat asap. And Alexis got a 87 chevy to play, so it wont be to bad.

But like i said all these parts will be awesome under a nice xj in a year or so. Plus i am planning on pulling the harnesses out of the cab and putting stock belts back in and bolting some seats in the bed with the harnesses for "friends" lol

Back