• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Hard Wood and Rubber Fixed My Rear"

Haha no loops here lol. She's to young for me

Back to the build. I bought a snorkel from krackerjack. And just waitin on pics of the rims and tires them most likely buying them

snorkel will be here monday. also purchasing some sway bar discos from a fella in the colorado chapter!

still working on those pics lol.

probly after the snorkel install ;)

No snorkel yesterday. Tracking says today.

But not sure when i will get to put it on. Since the offer i put on a house got accepted yesterday, so i have some cleaning and packing to do. Which is gonna start at the scrap yard and i have to cut a car in half (no title) and get two lawnmowers from behind the house that are buried in 2 feet of snow. So i am going to borrow the shops snowblower tonight and go to town lol.

I paid for my beadlocks and 33's yesterday, Dan is bringing those back from WF for me.

So shes starting to come together pretty well.

(still no pics, im a loser and been real busy with the house and crap lol)

IMAG0069.jpg

I am pretty sure that the seat bases in my 96 are the same as 97-01. (i also remember reading this soemwhere, but cant find anything)

im looking at a set from a 98 seeing as mine are trashed, bolt on the driver side pulled through.

looking for some honest opinions here.

I have some 3x3x.125 square tubing that i wanna use for a front bumper. I am gonna have d-ring mounts tied into the unibody mounts(will be 1/4") and then 2 more overlapping layers welded together for 3/4" at the tabs.

i am gonna shape it like this.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=975490&highlight=bumper

i will weld a piece of the tube in between the two mounts then cut a square hole for a receiver and of course cut and angle the end ups yada yada.

This isnt my first time building a bumper either built front and rears on the old xj out of 2x2x.250. They were ugly but work very well numerous times.

My long term goal is to run power front and rear for a receiver mounted winch. That way its out of the elements when im not using it and easy to put in front or back.

let me know what you guys think?

mind this is going to be all FREE steel so its budget minded lol

scored some 97-01 front seats from the gf's dad yesterday for FREE! He has a towing business here and had them out in a old trailer at his shop!!! putting them in tonight!

Last edited:
that!!! was actually gonna do it this weekend lol. Gotta wait till nobody's at the shop so i can sneak some plexi lol ;)

helped seeing how he did it tho. thanks.

Thanks a lot Dan! It was nice meeting you guys to.

And the de is that water I'm pretty sure is the water in there. Josh said it made the beads stick together so I'm gonna jack it up here in a few and find the bad one and slap the spare on and test it out.

What does everybody think about the red locks?

IMAG0091.jpg

Looks good

I like the red locks

Back