• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Hard Wood and Rubber Fixed My Rear"

how often is the click? lifted trucks are hard on the lower driveshaft u-joints if you haven't reclocked the pumpkin assuming your keeping decent caster in the front axle.

no all the time even the other night when we got 10 inches of snow it was doing it.

i Had this happen on my 01 and one of the three bolts on the box was broken by me and i left it that way and broke the others!!!! derrr i know

but all three are there. just got home from d town so i am gonna look into it a little more tommorow after work

Also a little history on my xj life.

I had a 2001 that i bought bone stock from a soccer mom in 07 built it up like a typical cheap ass college kid and cost alot of money in the long run lol. Then this spring decided i needed a pickup that was more dd'able etc. So i traded the XJ for a 01 dodge ram. Sold that truck to pay off some bills so i can buy a house (which i just got approved for 2 days ago) WOOT WOOT!!!

and that brings me here to this beauty!!!

my old xj

doorlessjeep.jpg

silverlakeopeningweekend09005.jpg

The pop in the steering is a recurring issue that XJ has had. The tie rod end has been replaced several times since it was lifted.

Yes, I believe it was.

The clicking was tfhe tre on the trac bar. So gotta call rustys to see what red it is so i can grab one tonight. Also pulled all the flairs off last night in preparation for a cut and fold and trimming the fenders.

Probably gonna be pickin up a pair of slidrs this weekend that im trading lights from the dodge for. And maybe do a little snow wheeling with the fella.

Gonna get some updated pics tonight and post them.

Back