• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project family sleeper

Updates? Like I said I wish I could take on a project like this. For some reason I love working on RV's. Maybe that's why I've owned so many?

Dave.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oh yeah sry. ill let the photos do the talking im leaving frwork atm...

S7307103.jpg

S7307107.jpg

S7307104.jpg

S7307102.jpg

10 days like hell. its almost like i build trailers for a living eh:scared:

Bronze.

thx guies.

i need a vacation....

:cheers:
Bronze.

I seen the pick hooked up in the other post. but post up some inside and close ups. I like the way the front angles down to get the good gas milage. You should get great milage. The last trailer I owned was a 21' Rockwood all loaded up and ready to go was 4500lbs. I averaged about 11 mpg with 3.55's and 31's. But I would keep my speed below 57mph at all times.

Dave.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well inside is not done. just a queen size bed at the back. with a 44" folding bunk above it. cabs will be later this summer. and other touches along the way. found a leek thismorning @ the rock guard window.

BTW my miladge is fubar. i blew throo 2 tanks on the way to naches. 1.25 on the way home.

gas mileage is my new project for the xj. im somewhere in the area of 11mpg...

Bronze.

well inside is not done. just a queen size bed at the back. with a 44" folding bunk above it. cabs will be later this summer. and other touches along the way. found a leek thismorning @ the rock guard window.

BTW my miladge is fubar. i blew throo 2 tanks on the way to naches. 1.25 on the way home.

Bronze.

ouch buddy.. I get that milage towing my trailer unloaded.. and i have well over 400ft/tq on tap

next summer I'm paying you to help me build a camp trailer

ouch buddy.. I get that milage towing my trailer unloaded.. and i have well over 400ft/tq on tap

yeah. the 5.0HO dont seem like such a bad ideah after all.:firedevil

next summer I'm paying you to help me build a camp trailer

im looking forward to it dan. im hopeing to have a couple more "proto" type models on the road for testing by the end of summer.

Maby ill go Blue too.

Bronze.

Bronze.
What gears are you running with your 31`s ? Did you change your sreedo gear to match your gears and tires to get a real reading ?

well im taking the best of two trailers and mating them. i want more heigth on the trailer. i set it up for my xj on 3" now im at 4.5", it needs to come up. is also like to run a 14 or 15" wheel with 5 lug and better tires than the "may pops" i have been running.

so heres what i started with after the accedent (see trip report) And the donor trailer
IMG_20130528_123442_zpsa4bdeb7d.jpg

better leaf springs and 5lug!
IMG_20130528_123453_zps81d4d906.jpg

the fenders were welded to the axle and the deck neede removed, so i fliped it an went to town!
IMG_20130528_142830_zps109bc430.jpg

after preping the donor frame for mockup, i needed to stabilize the sleeper, and ready it for mockup.

removed this.
IMG_20130528_123132_zpsabf8e4f9.jpg

IMG_20130528_121647_zpsa6a9ae37.jpg

and after all that all i need for the habor freight trailer is a new wheel/tire. she's done well!

then it was time to remove my previously modifyed suspention from the sleeper
IMG_20130528_154222_zpsbe4bd119.jpg

IMG_20130528_123139_zps4d1ba225.jpg

now im ready to slide one under the other and take a look at wheel well placement and floor heights.
IMG_20130528_154745_zpsec21b75f.jpg

Back