• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pony up for Membership

Beezil said:
Eagle, my friend.

the path you are on is not distinguished.

I would be more than happy to spank you right over to the distinguished road if you'd like.

can I get my own :spank: icon over here pu-leeeezzzzz!????????
LOL, Eagle is not on any path I am familiar with. :bawl:

I think that's great that you got a full ride and that you can live on campus, but all my schooling is self taught, and done at home, and I had to pay for it myself. It also sounds like I have quite a bit more bills than you (some of which can be argued that are unnecessary). My GF and I do all the things you do to save money, but some people aren't as fortunate as others, and I think you should consider that before you go making it sound like "if you can do it, anyone can".
Billy

Fergie said:
I work as a Bellman for a local hotel during the summer. I usually work 6 days a week for 11 hours a day. I make minimum wage, but I bust my ass to make tips, so I live off my tips and put some of the tip money in the bank, along with my regular pay.

Second, I LIVE ON CAMPUS!!! Saves a bunch of money. For $400 a month I get cable, interent, phone, washer/dryer, full kitchen and anything else a regular place would have. I clip coupons and buy the cheap stuff from the grocery store and cook for my fiancee and I, nightly. We dont go out and spend money on booze or going to movies or fancies dinenrs. We go out to dinner once a month.

As far as money during the school year, I worked hard in HS to earn a 4-year scholarship from Army ROTC. They pay for tuition, and I use my stipend for books and rent.

I havent relied on my parents for quite some time now.

And as for everyone that say lay of....go piss up a rope. Havent you ever ragged on someone just to give him a hard time? I guess sarcasm and jokes arent conveyed that well. I dont care if he joins or not, it is just something to razz him about.

Fergie

I understand money is tight for college folks. I'm paying for three kids in college, one in private high school and my own college....but.....realizing that the most important mod for my first XJ (1989 that needed a ton of work) was helping fund this board so I could continue ti get valuable information that kept it running and educated me. $30 for Naxja is money better spent than on that crappy haynes manual from Kragen's. It was nine months before I attend my first NAXJA run and it was with the second XJ.
Tom

JeepFreak21 said:
I think that's great that you got a full ride and that you can live on campus, but all my schooling is self taught, and done at home, and I had to pay for it myself. It also sounds like I have quite a bit more bills than you (some of which can be argued that are unnecessary). My GF and I do all the things you do to save money, but some people aren't as fortunate as others, and I think you should consider that before you go making it sound like "if you can do it, anyone can".
Billy

Home taught? Like through TV offers? I dont understand what you mean there.

Fortunate? No, just worked my ass off to get where I am. I dont take any of it for granted because I know it could have just as easily not happened.

And it is not the attitude of "if I can do it, then you can." It is the attitude of " If my mother can raise her a child on her own, with no other support, work and go to school to earn her Masters degree, then by God anyone else better damn well be able to do it!"

Fergie

Fergie said:
Home taught? Like through TV offers? I dont understand what you mean there.

Home schooling to get my real estate license.

Fergie said:
And it is not the attitude of "if I can do it, then you can." It is the attitude of " If my mother can raise her a child on her own, with no other support, work and go to school to earn her Masters degree, then by God anyone else better damn well be able to do it!"

Wow! Was she a NAXJA member through all that??
Billy

AMC sure picked a winner for attracting a bunch of fanatics with the XJ/MJ...
Be thankful you didn't pick up a Pacer gene :eek: That is, unless you did.

NAXJA's past success has been built on Members joining, renewing and volunteering to help staff everything we have going on, along with generous sponsors pitching in for our events :clap:

I encourage all of you to participate, support, and generally join in the fun at whatever level you are able. If you like what we have going on enough to join, come on in.

Thanks.

Well, have fun paying those outrageous yearly fees to keep your license renewed.

And no, my mother wasnt a NAXJA member. But I bet she had a lot more to worry and complain about than we do, so suck it up and drive on.

Fergie

woody said:
I encourage all of you to participate, support, and generally join in the fun at whatever level you are able. If you like what we have going on enough to join, come on in.

Oh great, here's the voice of moderation coming in to try and calm everyone down. :rolleyes:

:D
Oh yeah, the reason I can do the Jeep and college things is my grandfolks left behind trust funds for college. I gotta earn my own money for my Jeep stuff.

Fergie said:
Well, have fun paying those outrageous yearly fees to keep your license renewed.

And no, my mother wasnt a NAXJA member. But I bet she had a lot more to worry and complain about than we do, so suck it up and drive on.

Fergie

Hey thanks! What is it that you're studying again... you know, so I can discourage you?
Billy

Last edited:
JeepFreak21 said:
Hey thanks! What is it that you're studying again... you know, so I can discourage you?
Billy

I'd never discourage studying something that interests somebody , ya know why piss away your learnin years... Especially if someone is helping coin it up.

Even if it's Beezil's Graduate Arts class: 'Spankings.'

non member post.

cheers,

jj

Man, 4 pages into this and no one's said it yet.....

THIS THREAD SUCKS!!!!

:rolleyes:

Beezil said:
still waiting for my blaxja sticker........

ditto...

mac 'saw BLAXJA even made POR' gyvr

NAXJA seems to be going places...

ramp.jpg

Maybe a retro-mod EB is in my future...
Hasta...

Re: NAXJA seems to be going places...

What is important is realizing NAXJA makes a difference. Our paying Club Members have donated over $6000 in the last 6 months to land use groups. Besides keeping the lights on with the Website, Members donate their time & effort into hosting events so other XJ/MJ owners can come out, interact, and hopefully have a good time.

To some folks, NAXJA is 'only a free website', to others it's that 'gotta attend' event every year... Whatever. It's a lot of things. But it is Member funded and led.

Having fun is the main goal.

Back