• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photography Assignment: Shallow DOF.

Elephant.jpg

D90.jpg

i had one with a more close up shot of the d90, and the background more out of focus but i lost it i think

The UPS guy dropped off an unexpected surprise on Friday- a 50mm f/1.4 lens that has been on backorder for the past month. Just in time for this!

I took these on Saturday, "helping" work on a friend's JK. Both photos are using a 300w work lamp for illumination, shot at f/1.4, iso 200.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I loooove the out of focus sparks!

According to DOF Master depth of field for those photos is 3 inches.

Last edited:
ZJeepX;244262058[IMG said:
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/ZjeepX/DSC_00252.jpg[/IMG]

My girlfriend likes to dress her dogs. Its pretty sad.

This is why dogs bite.

Very nice Matt and Phil!

God, I wish I could afford a DSLR right now.

This one is scanned from a photograph so the quality isn't the best, but if you click it to view full size it's a bit better. 2003 - last time I used my Nikon N60...

From '07 Fuji E900, again click to see full size

Ecksjay

Those are very nice photos! What gear are you using?

Thank you. I have a very meager photo setup and am still finding ways to use it. Have had the basic D70 kit since late 2004.

Hardware:
Nikon D70
Nikon 18-70mm 'kit' lens that came with it
Nikon 50mm f1.8
Sigma 24mm f1.8
Nikon SB800
Sandisk Ultra II Compact Flash

Software:
Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 (spectacular filters and effects!)
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Lightroom CS3

ZJeepX-

I really dig your HDR avatar. I'm about to get into that in earnest.

-----Matt-----

I just recently got that software. Thats actually my firt attempt to use it. It's pretty amazing how well it works. I always forget to bring my tripod with me places though so I can never use it haha.

Back