• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console Pieces and Cruise Setup, '97

kloker

NAXJA Forum User
I have an overhead console for my '97 XJ, but I need the mounting brackets, wiring harness (the one that runs up to it from the right kick panel thru the pillar) and the temp sensor. '97-'01 brackets and temp sensor would work, wiring harness is year specific for each of those years, but I might be willing to buy any year if I can modify it to work. These things are no longer available new as far as I can find out. I'd be willing to buy a complete package deal if necessary to get the pieces I need, or any combination of pieces. Any color. Also might be interested in the lighted mirror visors (tan).

Also looking for a complete OEM cruise control setup, '97 XJ 4.0L 5-spd. Looking for everything including underhood and steering wheel stuff (components, wiring, buttons,panels, wheel center cover, brackets, etc.).

If you don't have this stuff but know of somewhere I can get it online or whatever, I'd sure appreciate the info. I'd even pay a finders fee for someone to get the stuff and ship it to me, if you know where you can get it somplace local to you. The wrecking yards around here have nada, nothing, squat, zilch.

I can pay by Paypal.

You can PM me or email me at [email protected].

Thanks.

I have overhead console from a 96, as well as complete cruise from it (4.0/aw4)

PM me an offer.

If Zac's overhead console doesnt work out let me know.. I've got mine out of my 98 limited that's going to get removed when the cage arrives.. Not sure what it's worth though...

Chris

ZacSquatch said:
I have overhead console from a 96, as well as complete cruise from it (4.0/aw4)

PM me an offer.
Zac I don't mean to hurt your chance of getting rid of parts but since I've dealt with this stuff I feel obligated to inform. Since his is a 97+ I know the OHC wiring or console itself won't work. However, the rear bracket will and if you have a temp sensor it will also. On cruise, the only thing that may work is the actuator or whatever the part is in the engine bay is, and that's iffy.

No hair off my ass, this stuff just sits anyways

Okay, y'all, here's an update. I now have the overhead console, the rear bracket, and the temp sensor, so on that I lack only a front bracket and wiring harness. I might be able to fabricate both, but, unfortunately, most all the links I can find on the harness wiring are dead links or no longer existing websites. If any of you know of current good links to the wiring harness info I'd sure appreciate them. Thanks. I don't have keyless entry, so I think the wiring would be fairly simple, and I remember seeing a post describing how to do it, but I can't seem to find it now.

On the cruise, Josh, thanks for contacting me, I'll get with you on your stuff as soon as I can after Christmas.

97-01 OHC only have one bracket. The front screws into the holes for the sun visor keepers. The Factory Service Manual has the wiring info you need.

Last edited:
Back