• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outsiders look at the chapter nominations

I didn't read every post here, and I'm not going to. But here's my opinion....

What the hell is so wrong that every is in a hurry to fix??? I don't think we need a facelift, maybe just a good nights sleep. Minor changes in planning, effort, and attitude would make all the difference I think is necessary.

im sure that's a pretty tight group compared to our group.

NAXJA is more of a good friends type, actually much tighter, they are more of a overly organized club, NAXJA is definitely full of fun people, they are into seriously organized runs, sometimes a little to organized.

All we really need is someone that can be part of NAXJA on a regular basis, along with the economy turning around will bring our group back to where it needs to be, I am with John, it does not need a overhaul, just plugs! Bring back the fun!

Last edited:
But here's my opinion....

What the hell is so wrong that every is in a hurry to fix??? I don't think we need a facelift, maybe just a good nights sleep. Minor changes in planning, effort, and attitude would make all the difference I think is necessary.

Ditto.

So what is really that bad currently? What are the current complaints that are actually actionable?

Before, there was a crap storm because of 'too much' forum moderation and people where getting PO'd/butthurt and now there isn't enough moderation?

My view of the club is that it should be about:

• Sharing XJ/MJ technical information, troubleshooting, etc
  • Wheeling your damn XJ/MJ and not being just a forum troll
  • Making new friends with the same interests
  • Helping your friends when in need
  • Raising money to help support our wheeling interests, keeping trails open and those in dire need
  • Having fun with others
Pretty standard.

It doesnt take a single person to make a chapter successful. It takes multiple motivated members who are willing to step up and help.

just my .02 cents

So what is really that bad currently? What are the current complaints that are actually actionable?

Before, there was a crap storm because of 'too much' forum moderation and people where getting PO'd/butthurt and now there isn't enough moderation?

My view of the club is that it should be about:

• Sharing XJ/MJ technical information, troubleshooting, etc
  • Wheeling your damn XJ/MJ and not being just a forum troll
  • Making new friends with the same interests
  • Helping your friends when in need
  • Raising money to help support our wheeling interests, keeping trails open and those in dire need
  • Having fun with others
Pretty standard.

It doesnt take a single person to make a chapter successful. It takes multiple motivated members who are willing to step up and help.

just my .02 cents

Don't know that i have much technical info to give but i sure have helped others in need, wheeled my XJ plenty, spent a lot of cash on it through buying items from vendors and other members, bought NAXJA swag, payed for a membership, had fun with others and made a decent amount of wheeling buddies along the way. I even drove out 1.5 hours to wrench on a jeep for a member who i had never ever met before in my life, not to mention going to the house of a member who i had only met once before. This site is great and I'm glad i found it. So really, i don't see what all the fuss is about. Plus, i have yet to empty every pocket... i'm waiting for that part, trust me.

I would like to see some kind of probationary period for new members, during which time they can be held accountable for not fitting in with the rest of the group.

Absolutely not. Uh-uh. No! Been stated before but I have to put my two bits in as well because, well, just because.

Besides, fi that was in place you think we would've accepted your ass? :looser:

Its a lot smaller, but you have to be voted in after several meetings and a couple trail runs.

I wouldn't like this either, that'd kill the club deader then dead. A good example would be the Rough Riders, the club that the infamous Lion was a part of. They were local to me, met just a couple miles away. Great group of folks. I was never a member because I just couldn't commit to going to regular meetings that started an hour before my normal quitting time an hour away from work. With NAXJA I just threw money at them and they had to accept me.

Nothing wrong ...

Just as long as you have a REAL XJ it's all good. :gee:

Lion would show up everywhere back then.

Yeah he would, and stay for at least three days longer than the scheduled event. I still miss not seeing him around town every couple of weeks. Although about three months ago I saw his rig cruising around!

Yeah he would, and stay for at least three days longer than the scheduled event. I still miss not seeing him around town every couple of weeks. Although about three months ago I saw his rig cruising around!

That blue rig with the 9" is easy to spot.

I wondered if it would work its way amongst us.

Todays big lift, rock buggy, know everything all stars often become tomorrows divorced must sell everything type guys. (Oh God please dont let that second part ever happen to me!)

Often the rest of us can barely remember their names and end up with a few of their parts on our rigs. Sometimes it is a popularity contest and not about the fun here.

Typically I am not the organizer or political type and that is why I stay out of NAXJA stuff. The world needs people like that though for the fund raising and forum maintenance, so thanks for doing it. To tell the truth, I can't figure out why don't have red letters, its not the money. Probably because I come and go over the years and never stay long enough to feel like I need to pay. I really dont feel like I belong here, but I feel completely comfortable hanging out at any event.

Having said all that, I guess its about as cheap as a few magazine subscriptions and I should be paying, but then I might wonder what my fees are going towards and how its spent. I don't really want to do that. Maybe all of my cumulative visits over time have now added up and its time for me to pay for it.

NAXJA is huge, and gets ugly at times, it doesn't bother me and is actually entertaining from the outside. I really enjoy the times wheeling with all of you.

The XJ modifications now have become so advanced that it is hard for a new person with a stock jeep to fit in here. If you think about it, a new guy used to get 31's and 3" of cheap spacer lift and go wheeling with us. Now its a long arm kit, lockers, Dana 60's and 35's or you don't get to do anything "fun". Actually if you don't have a tube bender or plans to buy one, you might get left behind. You need infusions of new people, but getting them is expensive and hard for them. The only people buying 31's are people who have rock buggies and are looking for a second daily driver trail rig. Maybe we need a 33 inch or smaller event. I think I can borrow some from a friend. Make it no 35's allowed ;)

I dont have any answers, but thought I would weigh in because someone asked me to.

See you on the trail.

KH

I'll bring the Dragin' Wagon!

Dude, thats totally tire sizeist. I'm in....been meaning to scratch the wifes Jeep :D

Me and XJumpmaster were talking at Moab that we should start the 33" mafia - if you can't do it on 33's, you shouldnt be wheeling :D all you bigger boys have lost the excitement of the challenge hehe

Me and XJumpmaster were talking at Moab that we should start the 33" mafia - if you can't do it on 33's, you shouldnt be wheeling :D all you bigger boys have lost the excitement of the challenge hehe

Been saying that for years... Now of course I have 35's, but I liked the 33s fine and miss them a bit.

KH

I can see it now. buggy's on 60's front and rear 5.13's, with 31's so they can play too.

I had fun on my 33's today:laugh3:

Back