• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions needed

omg you could hella run 4.10's on 33's easy im about to get 35's with 4.56's, where do you live maybe we could do a switcheroo you sell me your 4.56's and then you can buy your 4.88's and then we will all be happy but i think that 4.88 with 33's is extreme overkill what kind of lockers do you got or do you have any? i hope so at least

Kejtar said:
I got 33's and I got 4.88's and I love the combo. Aren't you gonna pick on me??

Ummm sell the 4.56 axles and regear a new set of axles? I've done that once and I came out about even.

Umm Dude.... Why don't you take that attitude someplace else? Cause your post comes close to being an attack... and that's f'd up.

ummm dude my post wasnt a personal attack and told me to go to ju so i responded WIHTOUT any personal attacks. why dont you guys take your stuck up anyone with a different opinion then you is wrong attitude some where else.

ive owned jeeps since the age of 15 also, and just becuase you loved your 4.88s with 33s dosnt mean someone that already has 4.56 should change to 4.88s. and like i said if you think he should regear for a lousy .32 change then you need to go somewhere else.

take his axles out sell them buy new ones regear em to 4.88s for a. 32 difference???? man you are drunk

88rockxj said:
why dont you guys take your stuck up anyone with a different opinion then you is wrong attitude some where else.

Different opinions aren't frowned upon here...

Trying to argue that your OPINION is the only right way is tho...

and try not to forget that you're only a GUEST here before telling someone else to get out.

Why do YOU care what gearing someone else is running?

Run what you like and STFU.

Someone else wants to spend their money against your sage advice...

Let 'em.

Some people have to learn the hard way...

Don't be one of those.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Different opinions aren't frowned upon here...

Trying to argue that your OPINION is the only right way is tho...

and try not to forget that you're only a GUEST here before telling someone else to get out.

Why do YOU care what gearing someone else is running?

Run what you like and STFU.

Someone else wants to spend their money against your sage advice...

Let 'em.

Some people have to learn the hard way...

Don't be one of those.

dude asked for opinions, dude made the thread never said to me that he was gonna spend money against my advice. i was just trying to help the guy out when he could spend his time and money on a winch or skid plates etc instead of regearing. if i shouldnt be telling him my opinion then what does this place exist for? as i said im simply trying to help the guy and a bunch of people imo are misleading him to waste his time and money for a friggin .32 change.

88rockxj said:
dude asked for opinions, dude made the thread never said to me that he was gonna spend money against my advice. i was just trying to help the guy out when he could spend his time and money on a winch or skid plates etc instead of regearing. if i shouldnt be telling him my opinion then what does this place exist for? as i said im simply trying to help the guy and a bunch of people imo are misleading him to waste his time and money for a friggin .32 change.

Here's the thing...

When asking for an opinion...

This isn't helpful:

88rockxj said:
regearing to 4.88s would be a giant waste of money if youre only going to run 33s, the only reason you should be thinking about it is if you have a 4cyl

.32 may not seem worth it to YOU...

but there are a LOT of guys here running 33's and 4.88's that love the combo.

Until you've actually run that exact combo...

You're just speculating...

That small amount in gearing can sometimes make the difference between walking over an obstacle or breaking something using the skinny pedal...

it's definately not "a giant waste of money"

it definately is a giant waste of money , ive driven rigs with the same size tires and engine with small differences in gear ratios like that and i find it laughable (espeacialy with an auto) that you think a .32 difference is going to cause you to have to use the skinny pedal instead of walking over an obstacle causing you to break.

if anythings gonna break its the little puny 4.88 gears

88rockxj said:
try paying attention

you have 35s

hes only gonna run 33s

he already has 4.56 gears

if you spend 400$+ to go from 4.56 to 4.88 for 33 inch tires you are waisting your money unless you are VERY wealthy

are you drunk or somthing? he stated hes only gonna go to 33s and already has 4.56 gears, if you think hes not waisting his money going to 4.88s under those circumstances then perhaps you should buy them for him.

Tell your mother I'm sorry.

88rockxj said:
dont have a mom but thanks for showing your character
Figured anybody as stubborn and combative as you, would have to be one of mine.
Where you born by immaculate constipation?

actualy after your insult id prefer not to share with you why i dont have mom, and yes genius i had a mother at one time as does any human.

Chill out youngster, try not to loose your sense of humor. Life is too short to be fighting every step of the way.
By the way you brought up some good points, I agree with much of what you said, especially about the ring getting weaker the more teeth it has.

Last edited:
8Mud said:
Chill out youngster, try not to loose your sense of humor. Life is too short to be fighting every step of the way.

actualy if you go back and read my posts directed to you there were was not a single thing said to you in any level of anger for any need to chill out considering you tell me tell my mom that your sorry, im assuming sorry for being born or having me as her son , and that i dont have a mother.

thanks for wishing me to feel relaxed though, i will be when i go to my shop later and unload the 14 bolt i just picked up.

Just trying to get your attention and redirect your aggression. Seems to have worked.

Way to hijack a thread by over the internet arguing. Man, Im soo badass when I argue about stupid stuff too!
argue.gif

Dont get pissed off, Just stiring the pot a little.
lol.gif

Lighten up and have fun! Everyone should be sharing their wealth of knowledge, not arguing whos right and whos wrong. Relax and have a beer or two! :cheers:

Back