• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok, Mr. Stuck-in-mud-needs-help-desperately........

Ok, so my wife - God bless her - sees that it's such a nice day out and tells me to go get some things done and she'd "deal" without my help as much as possible while she's recovering from her foot/ankle surgery.... AWESOME! :D

So, I get to play with my new trailer for a few hours, setting up a new bed-mounted crane, some tongue reinforcement and what not...... and Kiefer is over B.S.-ing with me and helping out and his phone rings.....

Some goober with a lifted white Ford F250 is stuck playing in mud holes..... on private property, trespassing, making us 4x4 enthusiasts look like total asshats...... a place that SOMEONE warned him about a while back..... Well, something breaks and his 4WD quits working - he's good and stuck. He's calling Kiefer for help - apparently having exhausted his other contacts/options. Kiefer knows this mud hole and he knows his stocker has no business going to try to pull an F250 out......

Me, going against my better judgement, confirms with my wife that she can do without me for a while longer, and I offer to finish up what I'm doing and haul out there and help pull the goober out..... hopefully before Johnny Law gets out there and tickets the guy. The goober says he has someone with a Grand Cherokee that "might" be coming to help. I tell Kiefer to tell him we'll call back in a few to see if he needs us. 20 minutes later, he says he'd like us to come out there. Okee dokee then.

I grab a strap, the D-rings off the XJ bumper, a flashlight and jacket and haul keester out there - about 20 miles away from me.

I get there, and see what appears to be goober and another TJ stuck. It's pretty dark, but nothing's moving, no mud is being tossed....... Last I'd heard, goober was needing help. So...... I drive the dually through 200 yards of sloppy, sticky clay-mud road to the mud hole...... only to see that in fact the TJ was pulling the goober's truck out and I wasn't needed.

No call to tell me he'd gotten help. Even if his cell phone went dead, his TJ buddy had one to call from..... nothing.

I'm a little peeved so I just bail......... back through all that mucky crap. Hit the street and I'm sending rooster tails of the goo all over everything..... Some of the goo got into the inside surfaces of my wheels.... now everything is out of balance on the highway......

Figure I'd better get to the car wash before this crap turns to concrete on the truck........ 40 minutes and $17 later....... I get that crap out from between the rear tires, knocked loose from the running boards, out from the INSIDES of my wheels...... :mad:

Oh, did I mention that the goober was mud bashing while trespassing on private property making us 4x4 enthusiasts look like asshats? The SAME place that SOMEONE warned him about a while back?

Rant off.

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, haven't been on in a while either so I dunno what's been going on here. Yeah I went somewhere I was warned about, not gonna get on that part for now. Anyway, my buddy and I went out there to play in the mud. We got to some thick stuff, jumped out and locked the hubs, and that was that. Well, the front left tire turned a couple inches and no more, so I figured it was just spinning the other side, but right as I thought that my buddy looked at me and asked why that wheel wasn't turning :gag:. Tried 4 low, no change. So we dug out the tires a little bit and rocked the truck back and forth for 10 min or so and finally got unstuck. With no 4x4 we decided to get the hell outta there. I didn't want to have to back up because it probably wouldn't have done any good, its too heavy on the front end and so it just spins the tires in reverse on snow and mud. So we went forward a few hundred feet to try and get out the other side and couldn't find a way to get down the drop safely, and then I tried turning around and got stuck again. We tried digging and rocking it and got maybe 5 feet and then slid and damn near rolled the truck down the drop we were trying to avoid. An F250, and a Tacoma drove by and gave us a hand... ish. They lined up and put a tow strap between them and another between them and me, and pulled us about 10 ft forward, then said they had to go and unhooked and left. Awesome. So we tried putting rocks under the tires to see if we could go anywhere on them, and they gave us a little bit of a good start but that didn't last long long. Tried digging out, rocking it out, putting anything we could find under the tires, nothin was working. So, I gave Kiefer a call. He said he was with Troy and he'd call back. He called back and talked to my buddy while I was talking with this XJ that pulled up to see what it could do, and my buddy thought Kiefer said that they wouldn't be able to make it. Then as the XJ gave up, a TJ showed up and thought it could help. He tried winching us out, and the genius thought it'd be a good idea to give the cable 6' of slack and then gas the Jeep in reverse as fast as possible. Broke the cable. Tried the tow strap, but my tires had dug in so deep that they were up to the hubs and wouldn't budge. So we dug out the backside of the tires and the TJ went to that side and we gave that a shot. He pulled us back by where we first got stuck and I tried driving it (no way to turn around so I had to back out of it all the way to the road). It wouldn't move. The TJ didn't want to leave us stuck so he pulled us back to the road, with my truck going backwards. Right before the TJ started pulling us back we saw a small SUV and some kind of truck slowing down on the road (it was dark by then) but they kept on goin, and it didn't really register that it might be Troy and Kiefer cause we thought they'd said they couldn't make it. Then they found the trail down to where we were as we were getting ready to head for the road, and that's when we figured it out that it was them. By the time we got back to the road, Troy had left. Had we known they were coming, we would have called to let them know what was going on. Sorry for the miscommunication guys, we had no idea you were on your way over.
Oh and incase you guys were wondering, I gave the TJ guy some money for his winch cable and it turns out that the hub(s) broke... I'm guessing its the pass side but I won't know for sure till I take em apart. I've heard that the Warns have a load fuse in them that breaks under a certain amount of stress so nothing else does... I'm hoping that's all it is.

Last edited:
"Where's a good mud hole in the Denver area so I can go mudding and tear up some property that isn't mine?" .............IDK, go ask McTard he knows. :D

Hope lesson learned and have the balls to admit it, and never do it again. Quit making off road enthusiasts look like ass-hats.

I remember this conversation many moons ago????:anon:

alright... i used to love gettin dirty and rompin around in the mud in my younger days... but just like any other wheeling, you should never go alone! there is a certain satisfaction that some guys get when they drive around covered in brown muck and thats fine but like everyone's said, shouldn't have done it on private land or public land for that matter. do it on your own if you've gotta do it.

i love gettin in some trigger time any chance i get but i dont cruise down to the new housing development with empty lots and start blastin away!

so... like someone else said... pics or it didnt happen!

p.s.
Mason i hope you know that none of us hate you, in fact we love ya! cause without this thread (and some of your others) eflores would still be cryin about this place being dull! :cheers:

Mason do you know about C.O.R.E? They have a big mud hole and drag pits. If you get stuck, they will pull you out. It cost 20 bucks, sounds like that would have been cheaper for everyone who ended up getting involved.

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, haven't been on in a while either so I dunno what's been going on here. Yeah I went somewhere I was warned about, not gonna get on that part for now.
Haven't read there rest of the post yet, yeah...

:twak:

Well. I disagree with castle. I think you're a moron for blatantly ignoring advice and warnings about your actions. And then crying begging for a bailout cuz your dumbass got stuck. I woulda took pics and turned em. But that's me.

Well i like Mc. Seems like a good enough kid. Do think you should have got a ticket though, sometimes its the only way to get it ingrained that you screwed up

I'm pretty sure posting pictures of illegal wheeling wouldn't be a good idea. Just a thought. :dunno:
Good thinking Scott! Besides, the person in question confirmned the event. No further proof is required. ;)

Private property should be respected! If it were your property and some young idiot was out tearing it up in his truck, would you not be upset? If it were my property and I caught you doing that, turning you in would be on my list but not at the top of it!! :lecture:

funny thing is, a lot of property owners wouldn't care if you'd just talk to them first. even here in firestone we have farmers that are more than willing to let you go mudding in thgeir fields as long as they aren't getting ready to plant them and you talk to them first.

I want a few acres so i can build myself a nice mud pit to play in. Also a rock field and a dirtbike track. Oh yeah, and a sled pulling lane too. :D

funny thing is, a lot of property owners wouldn't care if you'd just talk to them first. even here in firestone we have farmers that are more than willing to let you go mudding in thgeir fields as long as they aren't getting ready to plant them and you talk to them first.

I want a few acres so i can build myself a nice mud pit to play in. Also a rock field and a dirtbike track. Oh yeah, and a sled pulling lane too. :D

Yeah I found that out, my church across the street has a BIG open field, Talked to building managment, they said go for it...

Got pulled over once, gave him the Note the church gave me, went along free and clear.

Back