• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to secure dome light

WandererXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Help! I have an SE model with basic dome light and no rear speakers/rear dome light. I just swapped a headliner from junkyard with rear speaker bar and rear dome light. The main dome light on this is different than the basic one on my old headliner.

The back of the fixture is dangling and I am struggling to figure out how it attaches to the headliner. Wondering if it busted while removing from the donor Jeep.

Does anyone have this dome light fixture that can help me out with a photo or advice how it secures?

Thank you!

820f36e808b331f97e7f2605757e452a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 2 screws under the center light.

IIRC, they are timmerman nuts that go on studs in the roof?

Here’s what I’m looking at. Looks like some possible screw holes. Am I missing a bracket or something?

8799773cb3ded97701ecdcb10e7e5ef9.jpg

There should be a bracket. The bracket has a tab that slips over the headliner to hold the other end up.

Since I don't know the year of yours or the donor so I can't provide the exact part number but as an example the one from a 1998-9 is Mopar 55352712AE Bracket-Dome Lamp. If you search on the part number, you'll see the diagram.

There should be a bracket. The bracket has a tab that slips over the headliner to hold the other end up.

Since I don't know the year of yours or the donor so I can't provide the exact part number but as an example the one from a 1998-9 is Mopar 55352712AE Bracket-Dome Lamp. If you search on the part number, you'll see the diagram.

Aha!! Looks like that’s gonna be it! Thank you so much!

4507c2b51ecaa5799463b53889f95f1a.jpg

Found this on another forum. Looks like it was attached to the roof of the donor, but mine does not have it. Bummer.
423bd2533aadb8a8bb7e9b2322837509.jpg

I went back to the junkyard and grabbed the bracket from the donor Jeep. Thanks again!!

Timely thread for me, and a bit off topic, but could you please tell me which direction that bracket faces? (forward or backward)

A bit of a strange question, I know. I deleted my sunroof and the replacement roof brace has this bracket. I think it should face forward, but I'm doubting myself.

edit: Actually, I can confirm that it faces forward by looking at the pictures already in this thread. Sorry to attempt a hijack.

Now to figure out where to install the overhead console bracket and if I can get that to work with my replacement headliner board...

Timely thread for me, and a bit off topic, but could you please tell me which direction that bracket faces? (forward or backward)

A bit of a strange question, I know. I deleted my sunroof and the replacement roof brace has this bracket. I think it should face forward, but I'm doubting myself.

9d9d37d9e7534ba2d717123b2495cae9.jpg

Back