• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok...... how NOT to build a Truggy.......

OMG???? BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHHA tooo funny and yes thanks for getting that off the streets. So some re lower control arms you got out of the deal it looks like.

Gawd, that thing is sexy.........
disagree.gif

it has a dana 44 right?
Nope! Too much webbing on the front and the profile on the top is wrong.

I'm sure Troy got it dirt cheap because it's on his trailer.

I like those wheels too! :rolleyes:

What I don't get Yella is you are going to spend all that time putting the poor animal down, will it be worth the sweat and blood to even do it with what looks like not a lot fo good part outs?

Although you did do a public service, will have to pitch in and buy you a beer and cheezy bratz.

Jeezus........ ok already! Here's what's in it for me from this awesome example of off-roading engineering:

-Nearly new LCA's (easily sold to someone looking for cheapo lift)
-4" lift coils (same reason as above)
-Nearly new shocks (for my own MJ project possibly)
-MJ leaf packs with newer full length AAL
-Braided steel brake lines (never completely hooked up/used)
-Set of 4 decent crawler wheels to sell
-Tinted glass rear slider window (possibly for my MJ project)
-A pair of nice doors for inventory
-A bunch of new/barely used grade 8 hardware for the bolt/nut bin
-Fist full of brand new black 6" zip ties
-$.36 in misc coinage
-I'll make ALL of my investment back just in the scrap weight value

And piece of mind that no one will ever encounter this thing on the roads or trails. :thumbup:

That rear slider window is a nice thing to pick up.

And for once someone uses the term "investment" on a Jeep in a way that makes sense :roflmao: :thumbup:

Are you sure those LCAs/coils didn't... catch something from the rest of the vehicle? Will they make the next owner's teeth rot out, or cause their uncle and grandfather to start drinking heavily?

Are you sure those LCAs/coils didn't... catch something from the rest of the vehicle? Will they make the next owner's teeth rot out, or cause their uncle and grandfather to start drinking heavily?

I tend to think of these parts like poor, unfortunate children. Take them out of the rotten environment they're living in and they'll be successful members of the community........ er sumpthin'......... :D

The center for part rehabilitation ....

LOL! Yeah, the "House 'O Heeps" has been the title that's stuck the longest.......

LOL. Funny, I just PM'd him about the "ghetto rubbing of on these parts", and I hadn't even read this!!

what a pile,

Well, it's been rendered and ready for the crusher. :thumbup:

LOTS more booty-fab found taking it apart......

Motor mount "bolts" - all thread just slid in place..... both sides were like this. Wouldn't have taken long for that all thread to tear through that oil filter.....(brand new motor mounts though :thumbup:)

100_0458.jpg

Yeah, the exhaust was gonna be a cinch to put together and have it ready for wheeling this summer...... :rolleyes:

100_0463.jpg

Why do I have a particular song by War running through my head when I look at this pic? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmOsH53brg4 :D

100_0464.jpg

Other booty-fab not photo'd:
-all t-case linkage torched off for some reason - the shifter just had a burned off nub coming thru the floor board
-T-case tail cone was cracked badly
-T-case was being held on by only one nut
-Rear axle u-bolts were finger tight
-Trans mount studs are sheared off, rubber was separated as well.
-Chain used to install engine was still attached to the rear head bolt - they probably couldn't get it off because of the firewall pinch seam.... so they jambed it between the bellhousing and firewall.....
-XJ gas tank sitting in an XJ gas skid. Tank was WELDED in place.......
-There were several sections of nice angle iron welded to that jungle gym that I removed...... by hand.......

Ken (Rokken) came out today to cut the rear window/roof section out for his buggy - wants to seal up the open back area.

Chris (xj-grin) is getting the rear leafs with AAL's for his trailer. :thumbup:

Thanks again Troy. It was fun chopping that thing up.

Great job ! Maybe you can hit up the DOT for some extra cash , seeing how
you just saved another wreck from the highway , you did their job for them .
I think that warrants some extra dividends ...

Back