• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok cam issue

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
so a long while back i did some landscape work for my neighbor who is a fellow jeeper..in exchange for the work he is going to buy my cam for me..so i set him up with the following info. www.summitracing.com part number crn-753905 @ 113.95 which is the crane 260/272 cam. so today he finally called summit to order the part...the summit guy started asking him a bunch of questions..something about elctronic fuel injection or something like that..after my neighbor answered all the questions (to the best of his ability) the summit guy said this cam would not work for my motor? WTF?

anyway if you all would mind looking at this for me and giving me a solid heads up yes or no i would appreciatte it..

my jeep is a 2000 ... the stroker block is a 93/94 4.0 not sure if this would make a difference but figured i would give you all as clear a pic as possible..hopefully this link works..here is the cam

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...753905&searchinresults=false&N=+115&y=12&x=25

RLTW,
Grifter

I have the 753901, and according to everything I have seen its the exact same thing. Better yet it ships today from summit as opposed to 12-4 for the 3905. I have 19K of use on a 753901 and all is well.

Grifter144 said:
anyway if you all would mind looking at this for me and giving me a solid heads up yes or no i would appreciatte it..

The Crane 753905 will work beautifully in a stroker. I have it in mine and I think it's the best choice for an all round street stroker (as well as the identical 753901).

alright, so i am gathering that the summit guy is full of ..it, right? that cam will have no issues with my fuel injection or the electronic system that controls my current 4.0? if so that cools...

ok new question...if 753905 and 753901 are identical why are there two different serial numbers for indentical cams? hmmm

enlighten me please?

Grifter

I can't answer that lol :)

I know I have the 3901 and I have a 4.6L in a 97 OBDII which will trip a check engine light for anything lol. I have had 18-19K of happy trouble free driving with no codes or check engine lights at all. The power is also all there :cool:. I have started it with temps as low as 5* and all is well. It works great with fuel injection.

Grifter144 said:
ok new question...if 753905 and 753901 are identical why are there two different serial numbers for identical cams? hmmm

enlighten me please?

Good question and I wish I knew the answer. Both cams have identical specs. I think one was meant for the 199 and 232ci engines while the other was meant for the 242 and 258ci engines, but they're both interchangeable anyway.

thanks for the clarity guys....i'll hopefully be the possessor of a new cam very soon...

RLTW,
Grifter

Back